Sweet promises.

So Kayden had rescued me from Carter. Again. I closed my eyes and thought for a while about how my life had changed. My biggest enemy wanted to sleep with me and would stop at nothing to get in bed with me, and he had apparently had a contract thing with the person whom I loved, and who I thought, loved me too, and was also my husband.

I lay down in bed and cried. My arm stung because of the new bruise that Carter had given me, but that was the last thing on my mind, right now.

I felt my stomach which now had a pretty noticeable bulge. What sort of a world was I bringing my baby into? I felt more tears run down my cheek. Also, I would have to be increasingly careful because Carter would not care about the baby, and he wouldn’t mind harming him.

Suddenly the door flung open, and I saw my newlywed husband stand on the door, with a black eye and full of concern. ‘Are you okay, Ri?’ he asked. I wanted to punch his other eye now. ‘Well, don’t you have something you want to tell me?’ I asked. I was surprised that even though I was hurt, stressed, confused, and a goddamn mess, I still had cockiness in my tone.

‘Ri, baby, I have a lot I need to tell you, and I will, but all in the right time, honey. Trust me, I am innocent. I have not done anything wrong and I just need a few things cleared right now. Meanwhile, I need you to promise me something...’ he said.

In a way, hearing that he was innocent was the main judgement for me. I did not care about anything else. And okay, well he was planning to tell me something at some point in time, so I guess that was a good thing. And he wanted me to promise him something???

‘I need you to promise me that you will believe me over anyone else. I guess being your husband I can request that of you. And at the same time I promise you that I will tell you everything and I will never ever lie to you. I love you Ri, and it is possible that Carter or maybe even someone else might say a few things about me, but honey, you have got to trust me, okay?’ he said, his eyes puppy doggish and pleading my trust.

I did trust this guy, but by the look of things, I knew that whatever it was, it was serious. I did not want to pester him any further. ‘Okay, I won’t ask you anything and I will believe you over anyone else. Honey, I love you so much, I just want you safe. I know Carter has something that can put you in trouble and that scares me. Kayden have you done anything and I mean ANYTHING wrong?’ I asked.

‘I have never harmed anyone. Well actually, if you think about it, I could have helped save the situation but.... Oh anyway. I haven’t don’t anything wrong,’ he said plainly, as if he was saying it more to himself than to me. I just hoped whatever it was would get sorted out.

I yawned. ‘You sleepy baby?’ Kayden asked, a million possibilities running through my mind. I was a bit exhausted, but I guess a little intimacy could help. ‘Not really sleepy.’ I said smiling.

I saw that childish wicked grin come over his face. He walked closer and put his arms around me bringing my body close to his. He kissed me, his tongue demanding an entrance in my mouth. I opened my mouth giving him all the dominance that he loved and I craved.

I craved his dominance more than I would like to admit to myself. He took control of me and lay me on the bed, with him hovering on top, and endless possibilities running through my mind.