Part 2

Chuck has been gone for what seems like hours as I stare out the wooden window and struggle to try and keep the vivid images and horrid questions out of my mind, but nothing works. They always push through the wall I build in my mind and the images seem to seep through every crack that I fail to seal, leaving me with barred fangs laced with a crimson red as it paints a picture across my vision.

Shaking my head slightly, I push the evil image away and try to focus on anything but fangs covered in blood and slitted eyes as I stare at the small chip that has been knocked into the wood wall that holds the large wooden window. I study the small knick but I know I'm looking for nothing. I know I'm just looking for a distraction to push the vivid images and ruthless questions away, so that's why it doesn't work. That's why questions start to enter my thoughts. "whose Thomas?" they hiss like devilish snakes trying to strangle an innocent mouse for lunch. "what if Thomas doesn't like you? You know nobody likes you. What if he sends you back to live with-"

I cut my own thought off when I feel my heart begin to race at the evil questions that keep slithering their way into my mind. I can feel my heart constrict to the point it makes my whole inside hurt at the thought of reliving the memory I'm so desperately trying to forget. I can feel the wound on my neck protest with my heart and begin to throb. I can feel the breeze brushing against my skin from the wooden window, sending shivers down my entire body as if I'm back reliving every scary moment that I can possibly remember.

This is why I ran away. I wanted to escape these memories and the people who created them but it was foolish of me to think that if I just crossed over the line that separated my territory from another territory my memories would stay locked away behind the invisible fence. It was stupid of me to think they would all disappear like they weren't even there or to think I could out run the problems that keep wanting to trap me like a lion surrounding it's prey.

I can feel tears start to sting my eyes at the thoughts that keep entering my mind and tormenting me with their evil words. Usually, I would hold them back. I would keep them from falling and I would bite my lip to the point where it bled because tears in my old pack was seen as weak and vulnerable but this time I let them fall because maybe that was the problem. Maybe holding back my tears was like holding in my memories, maybe if I don't hold them back they will wash away the hurt and the memories that seem to stick to me like tree sap on a leaf. Or At least that's what I tell myself as I pull my legs up to my chest and begin to cry into my knees.

I cry for what seems like hours until I hear the wooden door creak in protest as someone begins to gently push it open. Startled, I quickly take the back of my hands and rub them against my eyes, Wiping away every unfallen tear that still pools there before Pulling my hands away from my eyes to see a tall, muscular, alpha standing near the now shut door. Shocked, I take a shaky breath as my heart begins to race only to instantly calm when the alphas scent begins to fill the room.

His scent is almost intoxicating as it enters my lungs. Usually werewolves, well, the one's in my old pack anyway, smelt like wet-dog and burnt rubber But he smelt entirely different. He consisted of a scent that represented freshly cut timber, like the damp forest after a rainy day; he smelt heavenly, like fresh-scented pine and honey and I'm pretty sure his scent would have been intoxicating if his dark brown eyes wasn't there to keep me grounded. It was almost stunning how perfect the alpha looked with his brown hair slightly ruffled and sticking up in strange places as he runs his hand through it, or the way his freckles contrast perfectly with his sun-kissed skin like they were put there by perfection itself.

"you know he won't like you." my thought echoes, breaking me out of my short-lived trance. "you know he was right. You know what he said was true." the evil words whisper. "Besides an alpha that looks like that could find an omega way better than you, if he doesn't already have one that is." a pang of sadness washes over me at the harsh words but I know there true. Why would an alpha like that want me? I think to myself as tears start to pickle my eyes as I stare at the alpha. He would never love me. It was stupid of me to even consider it. He was right, I am a stupid, good for nothing, omega.