6 Amazing Places to Visit in Munnar with Kids

Munnar is a gorgeous hill station in Kerala. Nestled in the verdant Western Ghats, it boasts sprawling tea estates, lofty mountains, breathtaking natural scenery, and wonderful wildlife, making it a super place to visit for family vacations. Owing to its location on three rivers: Madupetti, Nallathanni, and Periavaru, Munnar flaunts wonderful natural landscape and spectacular viewpoints. Your kids are sure to enjoy many of the fascinating and fun-filled spots in Munnar.

Here's a list of six amazing places to visit in Munnar with kids:

1. Kolukkumalai Tea Estates

Producing orthodox blends of tea is this gorgeous estate that's perched on a height of 8,000 feet above sea level. Due to this height, the tea harvested here is said to be very flavorsome. It's a gorgeous place to click photographs and teach your kids the process of tea cultivation.

2. Echo Point

Sitting pretty at a height of 600 feet is Echo Point. It forms the junction of the Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundala mountains. A pristine lake is located here. One of the most interesting things to do in Munnar is to come here with kids and enjoy shouting out each other's names. It's also a good spot for a fun picnic with family.

3. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary

It's a protected wildlife zone on the eastern slopes of the Western Ghats. Spend a fun day with kids here as you spot grizzled giant squirrels, tufted grey langur, spotted deer, star tortoise, gaur, crocodiles, slender loris, wild elephants, leopards, andtigers.

4. Rajamalai National Park

Also called Eravikulam National Park, this is the protected home of the endangered NilgiriTahr. The Neelakurinji shrub, which blooms once every 12 years, is found here. Come here with your kids to spot rare plant and animal species.

5. Blossom Hydel Park

Spread across 18 acres, this park is famous for water cycling, skating, and boating. Not only these activities, but also the treehouses and ropeways here are sure to delight your kids.

6. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary

This is one of the must visit place in Munnar with your kids to explore various species of birds. Spot Malabar Gray Hornbills, Rose – Billed Rollers, Parakeets & many more different kind of birds during your visit here.

Where to stay

A wonderful place to check into is Club Mahindra Mount Serene resort. In addition to the places mentioned above, the resort offers plenty of indoor games and activities including a library to keep the kids entertained. If digging into local delicacies is what you desire, this is the resort for you. Its in-house restaurant is a great place to introduce little kids to the wonders of Kerala cuisine, making it one of the best munnar resort for family.

Read more positive Club Mahindra reviews by our happy members about how they spent a memorable holiday with family.

Munnar is a lovely place to visit with your kids. With peak season fast approaching, make sure you book your holiday by logging on to the Club Mahindra website or app soon.