My High School Crush

Love isn't something that should be taken lightly.

I knew that.

But I also knew grades shouldn't be taken lightly either.

My grades were going to be the determining factor in if I got into UNC Chapel Hill, my absolute dream college.

It's been my dream to attend college there ever since I was five years old. Both my parents graduated from there and I knew nothing would make them prouder of me than if I got accepted there.

But you know what they say about dreams; they change.

My dream changed the day Tyler King walked into my life.

~

"What'd you make on that calculus test we took on Tuesday?" My best friend Riley asked me as we walked into the cafeteria.

"A ninety-one." I frown.

"Don't look so sad. That's an A." Riley says and I ignore the urge to roll my eyes.

"It's barely an A." I say right before I run into a brick wall.

Strong arms wrap themselves around my waist to steady me before I fall.

I look up and lay eyes on the single most attractive guy I have ever met in my life.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." He says in a deep voice that has my knees shaking.

"Definitely not a brick wall." I accidentally mutter out loud.

"What?" He asks with a cute chuckle. His arms are still wrapped around my waist and his brown eyes are shining brightly down on me.

"Oh nothing. And I should be the one apologizing. I ran into you." I say nervously while tucking my hair behind my ear.

"No it was my fault. My names Tyler by the way. Tyler King." He says and removes his arms from around my waist to shake my hand.

"Elena Robinson. Nice to meet you."

~

From that moment on Tyler and I became inseparable.

We started a friendship that soon blossomed into a relationship which soon turned into love. He became my whole world. He was my first everything.

We spent all our free time together which had my parents worried out of their minds.

My parents hated Tyler because they thought he was taking away from my dream of going to UNC. We often got into fights over him where they demanded I stopped seeing him.

But there was no way in hell that was going to happen. I loved Tyler with every fiber in my being and I knew he loved me. No one was going to separate us.

Not my parents. Not my grades. Not even UNC could pull us apart.

While everyone else was saying he was just a high school crush, I knew he was more.

"I'm gonna marry you one day Elena Robinson." He'd often say as we were laying on his couch watching movies or out on a date.

He taught me there was more to life than just grades.

He taught me about love.

He was more than just my high school crush.