Kari's call

Kat P.O.V.

It was a freezing cold january day in the lovely bipolar state of Minnesota. I woke up to the familiar cold nose I get every morning. Opening my eyes I was greeted by a pair of piercing icicle blue eyes.

"Good morning Rex," I said, yawning as the milk white Siberian husky licked my nose once more before jumping off the bed to chase the cat. I'd never have thought that the timid puppy I got from the pound would grow up to be the hyper, people loving dog, he is now.

Pulling off my comforter which made me feel instantly cold, I slid out of bed, pulling on my green hoodie, which matched my green plaid pajama bottoms. I stretched my way downstairs going in the kitchen. My feet slid along the cold yellow tile floor. My phone sat, charging, on the wood counter with a yellow sticky note on the top.

Kc,

We went out to visit your aunt and uncle for the next few days, Peyton is over at a friends house for the next few days as well. We wont be home till Saturday. Got the house to yourself kiddo. No crazy parties

Love, papa

Great, I was stuck at home, alone. Looking down at my phone, I had about 6 calls and 5 messages. I shook my head, and with phone in hand I went over to the cabinet for my red stay calm and drink everything mug, a 17th birthday present from my aunt.

Flipping through the messages, all of them came from my friend Karissa, an awesome person who could be Niall's twin. All of them were urgent, I smiled at her last one.

From: Karissa

You better call me back or I will come over and shake you awake. :)

Just as I started to text her. A sudden outburst of sound came from my phone. It made me jump.

"Hi we're one direction. Someone's calling you!" I got to remember to turn down the volume.

Clicking on the green phone button and then pouring milk in the mug I answered,"Hello?"

"She lives!" An excited familiar tone said.

"Morning to you too, Kari. I just woke up. What's up?" I placed the mug in the microwave for a minute.

"You'll never believe what happened!" She squealed.

Grabbing some chocolate powder I joke,"What happened? Did Niall accidentally call you and than ask you out on a date?"

"Haha. I wish, but sadly no, but STARR WON TICKETS TO GO TO THE ONE DIRECTION CONCERT AT THE WINTER CARNIVAL TONIGHT!" I had to take the phone from my ear cause she screamed so loud, but I was overjoyed with the news.

"Oh my gosh. This is amazing." I spilled some milk pulling it from the microwave as I did an awkward sorta happy dance, Rex licked it up.

"I know. WE GET TO SEE ONE DIRECTION!" This time it was my turn to squeal.

"YAY! This is so cool. When does it start?" I said finally managing to pour the chocolate powder into the mug.

"The carnival starts at 5, but the concert doesn't start till 8. Do you want to see the ice sculpting contest?" She asked.

"Yeah, sounds like fun. So want to meet up at around 5:30 in front of the capital?" I sipped the hot chocolate, I instantly felt warmer.

"Sounds good to me, I'll tell Starr! See ya later"

"Bye Karissa," I hung up, looking at the clock on the stove. 11:35. Then turning my head up to the ceiling, which is what I do when I think. What am I suppose to do for 6 hours.