Chapter 7

I am so sorry for the long wait. It's been so stressful lately. School starts tomorrow, AHHHH! I have no idea how I found the time to type this but I did say I would try my best to upload this weekend, so here it is.

Just a warning, I typed this very quickly and haven't gotten the time to edit it yet. I will try to go back and edit it later in the week, maybe make the confrontation longer.

Hope the wait was worth it :] I'm sorry you guys have to see me at my worst. I apologize sincerely if you're disappointed.

__________

"What are you doing here?" Albert snarled at Keith, reaching out towards me and pulling me so that he was between Keith and me.

He ignored the question and began yelling hysterically, "What do you think you're doing with my girlfriend?"

"Your girlfriend? She's here willingly." Keith scoffed.

"Oh really? Why would she want to be around a killer?"

Albert seemed surprised at the statement. "Me, a killer? What would make you say that?"

"Oh please, we all know it was you who killed Charles and Harvey."

"They're dead?"

An uncomfortable silence suffocated those who were in the room. Albert? I've suspected it was Keith this entire time because he was a possessive and over-jealous boyfriend but Albert was the obsessive stalker. As my mind was mulling over the disturbing facts, a realization hit me hard, like a speeding truck, only less painful.

"Harvey is dead?" my voice came out in a whisper but it seemed to be amplified during the lack of sound. It was like the whole world had paused to witness this encounter. I vaguely remember being told that Harvey was on a trip.

Keith's expression was one of pure shock and panic. His eyes had gone wide and his breath was quickening. I couldn't see Albert's expression because I was still being held behind him by his arm, which felt ice cold against my fevered skin.

"How would you know that unless..." Albert let the unfinished question hang in the air. We all knew the rest of it but nobody really knew the answer.

Keith's mouth curled in a grimace as he lunged at Albert without warning. He managed to push me back and out of the way before his face met Keith's fist with a painful crunch. The two wrestled with each other, each ruthlessly pounding the other blindly throwing their fists in every direction.

I stood there motionless for who knows how long. When I finally gathered my thoughts, I fled from the scene. My legs were numb and tingly from the lack of use. I ran towards Kristen's apartment, my breath raspy and my lungs clenching in agony, but I ignored the pain slashing at my throat and chest and entire being. Well, it was impossible to ignore but I was driven by fear and the need of comfort. Keith really was the killer. There was no doubt. I still can't believe it.

Barging into Kristen's apartment, I collapsed onto the floor, exhausted and throbbing with pain. She had been furiously washing her hands in the sink when she looked up, surprised to see me, nearly unconscious, on her floor. Kristen rushed to me.

Half an hour later, I found myself sobbing uncontrollably into her shoulder. Kristen continued to pat my back reassuringly until my supply of tears had dried up. I looked up at her kind face looking down on me.

"What happened?" she asked quietly.

I began crying again. I didn't want to tell her what happened to me, not yet at least. I tried to find an answer that was true but wasn't the entire truth. In between sobs, I shakily said, "I broke up with Keith."

Honestly, I don't really know why I said it but it was the best option I could come up with at the moment. Kristen licked her lips nervously. Why would she be nervous? It looked like she wanted to say something but was having second thoughts about voicing it.

"Then can I date him?" she suddenly burst out. Wait, what?

__________

Didn't see that coming, did you? If you haven't noticed, I've been rushing this story plot. I'm sorry to say but I have lost interest in this story. I will still try to finish it though. Currently, I'm working hard on a new story that I hope you will enjoy :]

So, anyways, I'm thinking about changing the title of this story. Any suggestions would be really appreciated <3

Because school is starting in mere hours, I will be quite busy and I won't have as much time to write. I will try to update every week but I make no promises. Thank you for all your support so far <3

COMMENT :] VOTE :] FAN :] LIKE :] TWEET :]