Affectionate!Levi x Male!Slight Tsundere!Reader - Cuddles

How you fell for him, you had no idea. Humanity's Strongest Soldier. Captain Levi.

He seemingly isn't all that kind to most, but when you, a fellow captain, confessed to him your adoration, he almost smiled and accepted your confession, agreeing to a date or two. After that, you two started to see each other more, visiting the other when work was done late at night, creeping into the other's bed when a titan-infested nightmare crept its way into their minds, eating meals together in private, and other things that showed they enjoyed each other's company. However, you aren't one to admit to your want for affection or even your acceptance of it. Because of this, you do have a slight problem with your dear captain. When alone with you, he adores cuddling. Whether he's the big spoon, the little spoon, in your arms, or you in his, he prefers to show his love with actions rather than words. You, on the other hand, aren't the hugest fan of this. Sure, you love the attention, but you always end up in a blushing, stuttering mess, sometimes calling him an idiot, or "brat" if you want to tease him, and "begrudgingly" agreeing to cuddle.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
It was just another day for the Survey Corps, the cadets tending to their daily chores, the higher ranking officials handling paperwork, with the exception of Hanji, who was playing with her "new toys" as she liked to call the Titans she managed to capture, and captains [Y/N] and Levi were as they almost always were, together and working in Levi's office. He loves you, but doesn't trust the cleanliness of your office over his and insists you meet with him in there instead. You were sitting on the couch near the side of the room closer to the door, reading a book as a break from paperwork, the old leather of the couch squeaking under you with the slightest shifting of your leg or readjustment of your hips to sit more comfortably. Levi was at his desk, the quill he was using to write making a quiet scratching noise whenever it was dragged across the paper. His old chair would make an odd creaking noise if he moved too much, and if you looked over, you would occasionally see his toe peeking out from the side of the desk due to having one leg crossed over the other. At some point, he put the quill down and sat back, his chair groaning in protest. He rested his hands on his face, dragging them down over closed eyes and stopping over his mouth. A sigh left his covered lips and you heard your name follow.

"Oi, [Y/N]..." he says in a slightly hushed tone so as not to break the comfortable quiet that shrouded the room.

You hum a response, keeping your eyes on your book and turning the page. However, your eyes don't remain on the book too long, as you hear the chair creak and boots hit the floor gently as footfalls approach you. Your eyes move up and look at Levi, who is approaching slowly, but with a purpose. You close your book and place it next to you, fixing your posture to look at your fellow captain properly as he stops in front of you, arms crossed over his chest and legs spread slightly in an almost dominating stance. However, you knew better.

His eyes meet yours and you both look at each other, staring fondly into each other's eyes. He speaks up, "I'm tired, can we head to bed for a little?" There's a slight hopefulness in his voice and eyes, almost fearful you might say no.

You would like to nod with a fond look and follow him to bed. However, you unconsciously act as if this was the first time Levi has asked. Your face turns red immediately and you look to the side, your shoulders up by your chin and your hands balled up in your lap, your toes pointed inwards just a little bit more. You hear Levi's signature 'tch' and he puts a hand on your head, messing up your hair a bit. He heads to the door on the other side of the wide bookshelf lining the wall of his office, opening it and looking to you. You, on the other hand, are looking at your lap now, wringing your hands together and your brows furrowing.

He clears his throat and your head jolts up to look at him. His face is the same as it usually is, unamused. The one change in this expression, however, is that the corners of his mouth are turned up in an almost unnoticeable smile. Your face gets a little warmer and you shut your eyes, tilting your chin up and crossing your arms firmly over your chest, "You know, I don't have to cuddle if I don't want to. Besides, I'm busy with work!"

Levi gives you a look you can't exactly read, but it almost seemed like amusement. He shrugs, "Suit yourself." He enters his room and closes the door. After a second or two, you heard the clinking of the harness's buckles and the rustling of what you assume is his cravat leaving his neck. The old bed frame creaks, muffled by the wall, and then all goes silent again.

Your arms uncross and your face cools. You run your cool hands through your hair, brushing your ears with the side of your hand and realizing they were still pretty warm. You sigh and stretch. 'I might as well join him, I'm exhausted...' you think to yourself and get off the couch, the leather squeaking loudly. Your footsteps are quiet, but whether that was intentional or not, you couldn't even tell. You open the door, the knob cold and smooth under your hand. You hear him shift in bed as you enter the room closing the door behind you. Looking to the bed, your eyes met his. A slight smirk graced his lips and your face warmed again. You turn away slightly, muttering a quiet 'shut up' before stripping yourself of your harness and crawling into bed next to him. Being 5'3", he didn't take up much space in bed, but it was still always a tight fit since the bed was made for one. Your chests were practically pressed together. He wrapped his arms around your waist to save room. You returned the favor, wrapping yours around his waist as well and resting your palms on his shoulder blades, stroking them in calming circles. Levi closes his eyes, relishing in the feeling and sighing lightly. He pulls you closer and kisses your cheek lightly, resting his head under your chin. You stop your stroking to hug him tighter. To him, you simply want to be closer. In all honesty, you just didn't want him to see your incredibly red face. The two of you stay like that for a while until you hear a light snoring. You pull away to see Levi, calm and asleep. You smile at his sleeping face. You're always so proud of him when he gets sleep. Having such a tortured past leads to long, sleepless nights, so you're always happy to see him sleep soundly. Giggling a little and kissing the top of his head, you rested your chin on the crown of his head and soon followed him into the land of dreams.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Ooooh my god. I realized while writing this, how much I missed writing. So, I hope you enjoyed this. I wrote it so that you would have a grasp on my writing skills. I hope you enjoyed and please request something! I'd love to write for you! Thanks for reading and again, I hope you enjoyed.

2/20/19 edit - removed author note at start of the story