Akira ran out with a flushed face and another red hand mark on his face. "(Y/N)!"

I snickered behind my hand.

~le time skip brought to you by Izaya Orihara my daddy~

I wasn't feeling like too much of an asshole today--I didn't like the reproachful looks Akira threw me--but it didn't stop me from coming to school with a bottle of chocolate syrup and a jar of mayonnaise. Before this, I had filled the syrup bottle with water and the mayo with vanilla pudding, of course.

I strolled through the halls, tucking into my "mayo" and searching for Akira.

I spotted Ann. I skipped over and threw an arm over her shoulder, "Yo, have you seen my boi?"

She shook her head, hiding a smile. "Nope. But he might be with Haru. They've been hanging out a lot, lately." she paused to wink at me, "Almost feels like he's leaving the nest."

I mock-gasped and covered my heart, "No! My baby boi!" I ran off to find him, ignoring the small sting in my chest.

Sure enough, he was with Haru. I squinted. His arm was on the wall beside her and he smiled fondly. Haru was blushing. Is... Are they flirting!? I bit my lip and tried to smile.

The only thing that came to my lips was another spoonful of pudding.

~le time skip brought to you by Kyoya "pay me with your body"~

So I did feel like an asshole today. I went ahead and put a sticky note on the bottom of Akira's mouse. I didn't put anything on it--he'd know it was mine. But the second he sat down, he nonchalantly removed the sticky note and continued on with his work.

I frowned. Is this girl ruining my Akira? He's supposed to be fun to mess with, not boring!

~le time skip brought to you by Kusuo "yare yare" Saiki~

Another week of weak pranks passed, each day less eventful than the last. It just wasn't fun without the same reactions. Now he just smoothly sidestepped everything and went to go find Haru. I was happy for them, really, but I couldn't ignore that awful feeling in my chest.

I packed my bag and exited the classroom, ready to head home for the day.

"What? No pranks today?" a familiar voice came from beside me. I didn't bother looking over.

I shrugged, kicking a rock absentmindedly. "No point if I can't see you get all red in the face."

I felt him elbow my side. "Aw, given up? That's not the (Y/N) I know."

"Wouldn't want to ruin things for you and your new girlfriend." I spat, a little too harshly, knowing all too well that Haru had nothing to do with this.

"Hm? Is this jealousy I hear?" he teased. My face burned.

"I-In your dreams!"

"(Y/N)..." he spoke my name softly, sending shivers down my spine. I stopped to look at him.

He took a step forward, then another. He reached me and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "You can't actually like me... right?"

I flushed a darker shade and crossed my arms over my chest, "No use in me confessing now, but uh... yeah. I... did. Don't worry, though, I'll get over it."

"I hope not."

"What?" I asked, confused, and desperately fighting down my heart's jump.

He smiled and his fingers began to tie my shirt's ribbon. "Care to be mine?"

"You have a girlfriend already, need I remind you?"

He simply shook his head. "Nope. Only pretended to. To see if you liked me." He allowed himself a laugh as he tied off the ribbon. He tapped my nose, "Payback. Now answer my question."

I sighed, the red fading from my face. "Guess I kind of deserved that."

"Oh yeah. Big time." he laughed, bringing me into a hug.

~le time skip brought to you by the longest yea boi ever~

I snickered to myself, placing the white and pink stick on the counter where he was sure to see it. I ran to hide behind the couch.

I heard a flush and footsteps as he returned from the bathroom. I heard him stop and I stifled a laugh.

"Nice try, (N/N)--we haven't even had sex yet." he deadpanned, knowing I could hear him.

I popped up from behind the couch and smirked, "Yet?"

He returned the grin. "Yet."

Thanks for stickin' with me guyyssss love youuuuu I'll try to update again soon but I'm really losing readers ahaha,,,, kill me lmao.