"I see. Thanks for explaining everything to me." Hyungwon removed the towel, which has already gotten warm.

Changkyun smiled and replied, slightly embarrassed, "Well, I don't think I would have helped you if Wonho didn't tell me to. You should thank him."

Hyungwon laughed softly. "I will." He shifted in his seat to sit up straighter, loosening his muscles in the process. "Do you mind if you keep me company when those two sort out the game?"

"No, of course not."

-

He wasn't afraid, despite he was only a few feet away from a person who went out of control and hit someone else just a minute ago. He couldn't get himself to be scared, because despite being a coward, he was a nice person. At least, that was what he was always told.

He felt sorry for Minhyuk, because it was clear, at least for him, that Minhyuk got angry only because something was bothering him. Something must've happened to Minhyuk for him to act like that, Jooheon just didn't know what.

They were back in the room for game 5, Minhyuk sitting slumped against a wall and Jooheon standing staring at him from a distance. Minhyuk was avoiding Jooheon, it was obvious. That was why it became hard for Jooheon to make the first step. Whenever Jooheon makes the slightest movement, Minhyuk flinches like he was afraid of Jooheon getting close.

It was the same when Jooheon brought him here. He still remembered how tense Minhyuk felt in his arms.

But Jooheon wanted to help Minhyuk so badly. He had to do something. The best way for Minhyuk to open up is to make him feel comfortable. Jooheon knew that, and he had the self-improvement and psychology books, and his hobby to read, to thank for that.

"Are you ok?" Jooheon said, raising his voice just enough for Minhyuk to hear him without having to walk closer, but not too high to sound aggressive.

Jooheon saw Minhyuk react in what he could only assume to be a panicky way –

though he had no idea why – since he saw Minhyuk jump and look around furtively before giving up to bury his face into his hands. Jooheon has yet to figure out what was making Minhyuk so on edge, because it was pretty damn obvious that Minhyuk started acting unusually, even abnormally, uneasy, since the moment they entered the room.

Jooheon debated whether to approach. He didn't want to scare or trigger Minhyuk any further. But he needed to help. He wanted to help. And if he doesn't go forward, he wouldn't be able to any of that. He knew what he wanted, and he knew what he needed to do to get what he wanted.

There was nothing else to do.

Slowly but with a strange determination, Jooheon sauntered towards Minhyuk. When he got close enough, he crouched too and placed a hand on Minhyuk's shoulder, as gently as possible, to get his attention. He still felt Minhyuk tense up at the contact, but he was pleased that his reaction didn't get any bigger than that.

"I want you to know that no one hates you." Jooheon said quietly, hoping his moderate voice is enough to sound soothing. "You don't have to be scared."

A wave of accomplishment washed over Jooheon when he felt Minhyuk relax under his hand. He controlled his emotions, realizing that Minhyuk had yet to reveal his face from the shielding of his hands. There was still a long way to go.

"I know it's hard for you. It's hard for everyone. We don't really show it on our faces, and we don't really talk about it either, but we know we are all desperate inside. No one wants to be stuck here, to be playing this game while we are supposed to work or go to school. We don't feel good, not at all, but we make it slightly better, by talking, making new friends. There's seven of us, I understand it's hard for everyone to like you in just one day, but there's always someone there to help you.