The Show Must Go On

The Greatest Showman | Chapter 1

                             Chapter One                    ~ the show must go on                                                           ~✧~

                             Chapter One
                   ~ the show must go on

                                      ~✧~

The cheering from the distance getting louder then silence fell upon the audience, the audience with excitement start stomping the metal roof in perfect synchrony. The pressure of the making an entrance was getting Phillip, his heart racing in many various ways. The colorful lights brightening for the showman to make his way to the performance downstage where the audience awaited.

"Here it goes," Phillip whispered staring down to the ground and up to the audience and runs with pride and excitement. " So tell me where you wanna go, where it's covered in the colored lights where the runaways are running tonight, impossible comes true it's taking over you! Oh this the greatest show!"

Focused on his act, all performers came on, Anne comes with W.D putting on their daring acts as always, grabbing by her forearm and tossing her into the air. And Lettie making her powerful entrance with her outstanding voice singing the notes no one could ever get to but her only she was going along with the harmony with Phillip in the song, the show was as grand as always the Albino twins dancing gracefully and pure around stage, the lions roaring as the singing filled room with echoes bouncing back and forth causing the the seat to rumble from the noise. Phillip looks around at the audience in front of him as he  performs, the children with jaw-dropping expressions on their faces as he danced, hearing the laughter of joy and pointing fingers in awe to the acts up on stage. Tipping his hat to a small little girl in front of in a row close to him as he bent over, her eyes widen with glee as I smile rose on her cheeks with a sight of pink hue. He couldn't get enough of the energy being poured in the room, it was intoxicating...... it was exuberant, he knew this is all he ever wanted to do in life, making people happy.

Afar there were some protesters looking in disgust and disgrace but no one acknowledges them as for the actors and the audience

Then the closing act as he looked to the people applauding there was the slight moment where everything was in slow motion, where time stood still and his pride rose as he saw what his greatness came to be it was almost like deja vu but this feeling was different but it all went in a second which he snapped and transported back to reality.  As the lights dimmed the crowds cheering and making their way on the door. Phillip runs to the entrance gratefully thanking the audience for showing up to the show " Thank you, everyone, for coming to our show! Shout and tell your friends how much fun you had watched our show let them have the experience you had at Barnum's Circus! No doubt they would enjoy it as much as you all did !" Phillip  announced, wavering his hands to the crowd leaving down the street.

"Well everyone great show we really made some smiles out there, you all really have outdone yourselves!" He compliments to the members, but they stayed silent but some smiled and some just stayed expressionless in exhaustion but of course, they were proud of themselves. Anne looking at Phillip with her pink marvelous hair a bit out of place but still perfect as it as she walks by and stood in front of him. "It's not much of a surprise, we always our done ourselves when we go on that stage and perform," Anne stated, getting ready to clean herself up before he goes to her room. "Goodnight Mr. Showman" She wished , looking back at him with a smirk, lightly touching the edge of his arm as she walks past by him. "Goodnight Anne," He whispered, while they both kissed before they leave to their rooms. "Sleep safe and sound Anne, "  Phillip assured." I will, same for you " She responded in a soft tone. "Well everyone today was an amazing show tonight, it was a great turn out as well! Have a goodnight's sleep because we have another show to put on tomorrow and more smiles to bring" Phillip gleamed as everyone made their way to their rooms to rest.

"You too Carlyle, you did enough tonight," said Lettie ." Well not as much as all you, you are the ones who give all the energy on that stage I only come out there for the introduction and leading you all, you are all the ones who make the show out there, but thank you Lettie " He thanked graciously, patting her back. She smiles as she was weary of all she has done today, all of them walk to their studio to get some rest. "They really outdid themselves today " Phillip whispers as he takes another look around the stage. He starts to take his red-gold lined jacket and his staff he leaves it on his studio counter as he starts grabbing his belongings to the door. As he gets comfortable he looks to the stage to pick up the instruments left after the acts but found that the cast picked all of them up so he goes up to the switch of the electricity for the stage outside the tent and shuts all the power off he walks inside the tent closing the entrance and securing every inch for the safety the protesters won't break in or do anything in that matter, he goes to find a candle to lit up to find his way around the darkness of the circus after all he is not going to his proper home where his parents are so he finds a way to make himself feel a bit homie there was some barrel of hay so he makes the use of it to make some kind of mattress for the night after extinguishing the candle slowly lays and soon his eyes find the darkness and falls asleep . The circus quiet and still till the morning.

A/N
This is my first time writing this novel I know it might be boring but trust me I'm trying to get used to this. I always imagine this story in my mind like a scene at least I hope you enjoyed this first part I still have a lot to go through the book you'll get to know Adeline the new character in the story I'm going to combine the show to this story I'm not going to completely focus on Phillip and Adeline well yeah a lot would be focus on them but on the other characters I want this story to give you a vibe of a TGS movie ! But I hope you enjoy this story thank you for your support love ya!