"Yeah, but how do we get in there without getting noticed? They all know our faces by now," David said as Adeline poured the last cup of coffee.

"Do we have any new agents?" The chief, George Alcock asked. The man looked like a born leader. His peppered grey hair and deeply etched lines on his face shoed his experience from, not only the wars, but a man who has fought crime since 18.

"No, no one that I can think of," David said as Adeline placed a cup of coffee in front of each agent.

"Well, then anyone who hasn't been in the field?" The chief asked.

"Adeline hasn't been in the field since the war, I'm sure they wouldn't recognize her," James Stone said. Adeline placed the pot back on the tray as she felt all eyes on her. James had served in the war in the 101st and Adeline hated him. Not only did he hold the same name as Adeline's late lover, but he had the same dark hair as Bucky once had. His eyes were a misty grey which replaced the blue that Adeline was always familiar with. He had just about the same build as Bucky but he had an ugly scar on one side of his face, most likely the cause of an unassuming mine. He had a likeable personality, but it was all too easy to replace those misty grey eyes with Bucky's bright blue ones.

"Adeline? In the field? Give me a break, Stone," David scoffed. Adeline held her tongue as she looked between each man in the room.

"I'm being serious," James said. "She passed all the same exams you did, she's qualified."

"I would like it if you talked like I was here," Adeline quipped, silencing all three of the bickering men.

"Chief, you can't be considering this," David said, shaking his head.

"I don't think I have any other option, Johnson," he responded.

"Tell me, Adeline, how many field missions have you been on?" David asked, leaning on the table. Adeline bit her lip, remembering every single one.

"20, sir," Adeline said.

"And how many of those were successful?" David asked.

"20, sir," Adeline responded.

"That's not possible," David scoffed.

"If you would take the time to look at my records, it would say differently," Adeline said.

"It's settled then," the chief said. "Pack your bags, agent. You too Stone."

"Agent Stone is going to be my partner?" Adeline asked.

"Yes, is that a problem?" The chief asked.

"No," Adeline said tightly, turning and walking out.

~*~

Adeline zipped up her dress, looking at herself in the mirror. She was posing as eye candy for the head of the mob who was known to be selling U.S. intelligence to the Nazis during the war. Adeline didn't mind but she felt she was being rather objectified. She could do more than flirt here, show a little skin there, but this was better than taking lunch orders. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Adeline said, looking in the mirror at James who entered with a velvet box.

"Wow, you look -"

"Like a call girl," Adeline said.

"I was gonna say mob wife," James said with a slight shrug. Adeline simply looked at herself in the mirror, unimpressed. "Well, for the final touch," James opened up the velvet box to reveal a chunky and most likely expensive necklace. "Here, let me help you." James clasped the necklace, his fingers brushing the nape of her neck, causing shivers to run down her spine. She turned around, noticing James in his freshly pressed suit. He was attractive, his bowtie a bit crooked, just how Bucky would always tie his. By instinct she reached up to fix it, quickly pulling back once it was adjusted correctly.