8 || The Escape (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

"You're never gonna get away with this!" Dr. Crawford shouted.

I scoffed. "Don't be so sure of that."

"Guys, they're coming! Where do we go!" the third boy yelled.

"Frypan, move!" the Brit replied, flipping a table full of medicine on its side, slamming it against the door.

"Get back! Get back!" Minho commanded, the gun aimed towards the door as soldiers tried to get inside.

We all backed up in the corner, right next to a glass window. "We've gotta get out of here!" I shouted.

"Everyone, stand back!" Thomas yelled, grabbing a chair and swinging it against the glass, resulting in nothing happening. He yelled in frustration. "Newt, help!" The blond boy grabbed a chair as well and both swung at the same time, the glass shattering to pieces. "Go, go, go!" Thomas shouted at the rest of us.

I was the first to jump over, hurrying the others to do the same. Thomas was next and grabbed Teresa, placing her beside him. Newt was next, followed by Frypan, then Minho, who threw the gun back at Thomas. "Let's go!" Minho screamed.

"Stay behind me!" Thomas ordered as he opened another door, revealing another soldier. In a panic, Thomas fire a shot at him, the soldier falling to the ground, grunting as the electricity cackled around him. "Come on!"

So we all followed Thomas down the hall, running for our lives, hoping that wherever he was taking us had a way out. Fortunately, we managed to get to where we first entered inside the facility, down the narrow hallway with a door at the very end.

"There it is! There it is!" Thomas exclaimed.

We all dashed to the door, where Thomas took out a stolen key card and began to furiously swipe it, but the door would not open.

"Converge on Level 3. All R16 personnel non-lethal force only."

"It's not working," I said. "Why isn't it working?"

"Come on! Open!" Thomas yelled in irritation, ignoring me and swiping the key card repeatedly and more furiously.

"Thomas!" Janson called out from behind us.

We all turned around to find Janson and a group of soldiers behind him. They were all slowly making their way towards us.

Thomas threw the key card to the floor and got his gun ready to shoot at him. "Open the door, Janson!" he shouted, walking towards him.

"You really don't want me to!" Janson shouted back, putting his hands up.

"Open the damn door!" Thomas repeated.

"Listen to me! I'm trying to save your life!" Janson yelled. "The Maze is one thing, but you kids wouldn't last one day out in the Scorch! If the elements don't kill you, then the Cranks will!" He stopped walking, pausing for a moment. "Thomas, you have to believe me. I only want what's best for you."

Thomas came to a halt as well, still pointing his gun at Janson, not convinced at all. "Yeah, let me guess, WICKED is good?"

Janson put his hands out, let out a sigh, then a smirk. "You're not getting through that door, Thomas."

Then, not even one second later, the door opened, with Aris and Winston on the other side. "Hey, guys," he said.

"It's about sticking time you two showed back up," I told the both of them, walking beside them, followed by Thomas' friends.

"Thomas! Come on, let's go!" Newt shouted.

Thomas began to shoot numerous times at Janson, but when he ran out of bullets, he tossed the gun to the floor and spun around, running for the door.

"Shut the main vault door! Shut the main vault door!" Janson shouted in his walkie talkie, resulting in the door beginning to close.

"No!" Teresa shouted.

We were all yelling at Thomas, trying to get him to run faster before he was trapped inside. Just before the door closed on him, Thomas slid under, making it just in time.

"Thomas, what's going on?" Teresa asked in a concerned tone, but was ignored like I was.

In Aris' hand was an object that looked like it came from a Griever. He took it and smashed the slot where the key card would go, tearing it to pieces. Once Janson reached the door, he and the soldiers were unable to get through.

As Winston and Minho gathered some weapons and supplies, Thomas looked right at Janson and gave him the finger.

"You little shit!" Janson yelled.

"Come on!" Minho shouted, grabbing Thomas as we ran for the exit.

We all stayed together and did our best to avoid any soldiers that were heading our way. Once we got to the giant doors, Thomas used a latch to unlock the door, opening them up, just like the Doors in the Glen used to do.

"Come on!" he shouted at us as we followed him into the windy night.

A/N: Yes! They're out of WICKED's hands (for now).

What do y'all think so far?

Song above is the same as the last chapter, which is You're Not Getting Out Of Here by John Paesano.

Comment, vote, more soon!

-A