Vivian and Tate

This takes place three years later and it's Vivian and Tate, we don't get much of this!

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND MENTIONS OF RAPE, MURDER AND OTHER INSANE THINGS!

DISCLAIMER, I DON'T OWN ANY CHARACTERS :D

Vivian’s POV.

I rocked Jeffery in my arms; he should have been three years old by now, exactly three years old.

It was three am, 31st October 2014, so of course the house was empty now, apart from Jeffery and me. Probably a few other souls like Beau in the attic and Thaddeus in the basement.

I sighed and he gurgled back,

“Happy birthday darling” I kissed his forehead.

There was a knock on the door and I jumped, squealed a bit.

It creaked open,

“Mrs Harmon?” An unfamiliar voce coughed.

A boy stepped in, Tate.

I stood up from the sofa, the dust followed my movement. I placed Jeffery on the sofa, supported by the arm so I could cross my arms in a defensive position.

I’d noticed that Tate and I hadn’t really been introduced properly.

I’d heard about him and seen him yelling at Violet three years ago.

“We haven’t properly met, I’m Tate.” He looked to the ground, shuffling his feet.

“What do you want with me now Tate?”

“I want to explain myself and apologise.”

“You want forgiveness.”

He nodded.

“From me? If I forgive you that doesn’t mean that Violet will.”

“That’s not why I’m doing this.I owe you an explanation Mrs Harmon. What I did to you was wrong and I realise that now.”

“When did you realise?” I arched an eyebrow.

“When you were a few months pregnant.”He said immeadiatly.

“How?”

“Constance.” He gritted his teeth. “Do you think that you could hear me out?”

“Are you going to tell the truth?”

“Why would I lie?” He shot me a confused look and I shuddered, seeing those black eyes.

“That’s what liars do.”I said in a flat voice.

“I won’t lie. I promise.”

“Are you hoping Violet is listening?”

“No, this is just you and I Mrs Harmon. I made sure that she went out. Chad took her out.” He said firmly.

“Alright Tate, fire away.” I kept my strong body language.

He looked very awkward and un comfortable.

“Well, at first I thought that what I did was right because Nora always wanted another baby. One to replace her old baby. I felt like I owed Nora and I love her so I vowed to get her a baby. You and Dr Harmon were having sex again and there was a suit to cover my face and body so you’d think that I was Dr Harmon. It worked perfectly and I thought that everyone would be happy. You didn’t know that it was me and neither did anyone else, apart from a few other spirits.” He said in a hurry.

“You thought that there was nothing wrong with raping me?”

“That wasn’t rape.” He stepped closer in a defensive stance, anger in his eyes.

“I didn’t know it was you Tate, it was rape.”

“But you enjoyed it, didn’t you? It looked like it. Rape is a cruel and horrible thing. Not something that you enjoy.”

“Jesus Christ. You really don’t know how wrong it was, do you?”

“I know that it was wrong.”

“Why was it wrong?”

“Because I lied and I hurt Violet.” Tears pricked in his ebony eyes.

I put my head in my hands.

“The second time was rape. When I shot Ben.”

“Yeah, that was. I’m sorry for that truly.” He started crying. “I just needed to kill you Mrs Harmon. You don’t understand. I had to do it!”He sobbed.

I don’t know why but my motherly instincts kicked in and I sat on the sofa, picking Jeffery up.

“Sit down Tate.”

He did as I said, head in his hands, breathing ragged.

“Why did I have to die?”

“You were going to sell the house to that Persian guy.”

“Yes?”

“You probably wouldn’t have cared at the time but he was going to knock the house down, all of it. God knows what would have happened to all of us. Usually I wouldn’t have cared but the only people I’ve ever loved lived here. Apart from Addie. Beauregard lived here, I lived here, and Nora lived here. Violet lived here.”

“Violet would have moved with us.”

“It was already too late. She was dead.” He cried even more.  “I couldn’t let that happen. You had to die because you were going to let the house be destroyed and the Persian had to die too.”

“Where is he?”

“Lawrence killed him, with the help from Moira and my mother. But Lawrence finished him off the property. He isn’t a spirit.”

“Tate, I see your side. It wasn’t right to do any of that.” I cringed as I said it.

“I know it wasn’t.” He sobbed again. “I’m so sorry Mrs Harmon. I really am. I’ve learnt my lesson.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

“Would you like to hold him?” I asked, handing Jeffery over to him.

He awkwardly held him but in the right way.

He grinned down at my baby.

“He misses his brother.”I said softly, stroking Jefferys dark hair.

“Constance has him. She won’t bring him around. Too many spirits are out to get him apparently.” He murmured.

I felt half empty without my other twin, even if he wasn’t my husbands.

“He’s the spits of Dr Harmon isn’t he?” Tate chuckled, tears flowing slower now.

I nodded.

“I forgive you Tate.”

He looked up in shock. “What? You do?”

I nodded and smiled, tears forming in my eyes. I reached out to hug the beautiful, deranged boy and he hugged me back, crying into my shoulder rambling on about how thankful he was and how sorry he was.

He handed Jeffery back and thanked me again before leaving the room.

I smiled at Jeffery, rather not have grudges and I saw behind the mask of Tate. He was sorry; he meant every word he’d just said.

Every tear that escaped his eyes.