Rory is Back

Nine years had passed and there she was again back in Stars Hollow... It was not good but it was not bad either. She didn't know how to feel really... Being with her mother all the time was really nice, but the feeling that she failed somehow in her propose of being a real life journalist... she couldn't get that idea out of her head.

The most understanding of her feelings was Luke, he noticed her frustration when people spoke to her, letting her know that it was a good thing she was back. He offered her the apartment above the diner, for her to live in, he understood how demeaning it could be for a young supposedly successful woman to come back to her mother's house.

She said that she would think about it. She had got to Stars Hallow two days ago and she was still deciding what to do with her life and since Luke was living with her mother the apartment was sitting empty. She needed to figure out what to do next with her life, her work on Washington Post was a good reference letter, especially because she was let go because of budget issues not because of her ability or lack of professionalism, but after the Obama campaign it all seems so promising, the opportunities just keep falling in her lap, and she was not prepared for being out of a job in a blink of an eye, not at all...

She entered Luke's diner with all that stuff in her head and sat at the counter.

"What can I get you?" Luke asked but got no response. "Rory? What can I get you? Rory? Are you here?"

Rory finally noticed that Luke was saying something to her. "What? Sorry Luke, yes I'm here and I will have coffee, of course, a large one please and a blueberry muffin."

"Ok... are you feeling good? ... You have a strange look on your face."

"Well all of this is new and I need to figure out what to do with my life you know..." In all these years her relationship with Luke was getting really good. In the beginning he was like her father who wasn't really around but when she left he seemed to get closer to her. It seemed like he understood her better than her mother. Her frustrations and expectations were more simple for him to sense and he got her very quickly, before she noticed he grew from kind of a father to kind of a friend and that was very nice.

One thing he really understood too and her mother didn't even talk about was Jess. Jess visited Luke from time to time, he still lived in Filly and worked in Truncheon Books and had written two more books. Rory secretly bought every different copy of Jess' books every time she found one. They spoke from time to time, when he released one book or when she wrote some article that hit too many tweets, but nothing more than that, mostly Rory knew about Jess by Luke. And she liked to know about him, she really didn't know how things between them could be labeled but Luke always made her smile when he told her that Jess paid a visit or called him to say that something good had happened in the publishing house.

Rory thought Luke secretly always wanted Rory and Jess together and sometimes she thought that's what she always wanted too... But life got in the middle and they never had the opportunity to do anything about that. They were not friends because friends spoke to each other more often than they did but they had some kind of connection because he always knew the right moment to call her.

Since Logan, she only had been with two guys, Jerry and Dean, not Dean Dean, another Dean, and none of them got her where she was supposes to be. Meaning none of them made her really fall in love. She almost got married to the new Dean but sometime along the way they fell apart, they grew distant and simply broke up, knowing that marriage wasn't a good fit for them. How tricky the universe could be that put in your path a man that has the same name as your first love. For some time she really believed that they were meant to be. Fortunately, they didn't start planning, he just asked her and she said yes and the wall between them began to grow, she knew it was her fault and deep inside she knew that she didn't love him like he loved her and she was the one who began to construct the wall.