Chapter Three

I woke the next morning to another round of Christmas music. The cheeriness in the melodies didn't ease the unsettling feeling in my stomach. Last night I felt fine about what I told Watson, but now today... Well, I had let my emotions decide my actions. While I detest Sherlock for the most part, the control he holds over his emotions is a desirable trait.

As I contemplated the possible ways I could destroy any emotional impulses from my bed, my phone began vibrating next to me.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"Hello Jen! Did ya miss me?" The phone was flung across the room as I recoiled from the sound of Moriarty's voice with a scream. "Aww! Come on Jenny! You didn't really think I wouldn't find you, did you?" His voice sounded louder than before, making my body start to shake. "You could have at least stopped looking for the Doctor you know. I thought I taught you better."

"What do you want?" I asked, crawling out of bed and towards the phone.

"Well, it's so boring in England now. Sherlock's gone and all my friends are hiding, you're the only one I could get a hold of."

"So go find some new friends to play with." I took the phone up in silence, trying to end the call; none of the buttons worked.

"What? Did you think I'm dumb?" Moriarty's manic giggles stopped me. "Jen, sweetheart, I never lost you; all I needed was for Sherlock to find you to solidify your location, and he has!"

"I'll move! I'm not going to let you pull me back into hell."

"So I'll hunt you down. Again, and again, each time you'll hurt. Can't you smell the blood you're leaving behind?"

"That's your own blood you prick. You're dying, why can't you just die?!" I was screaming now, not caring about who might hear.

"What's the point of dying if you can't come back to have more fun? You of all people understand that." He stopped talking, and I heard him inhale. "I think I smell something other than the blood now though, is it coffee? God, Americans are really adamant about being rebellious, why can't there be tea?"

"Where are you?" I bit my lip to calm myself, fearing the idea of Moriarty being near.

"I think I'm going to stop for some breakfast. Where's a good cafe near your flat? I saw a place called Serenity Nook, I'll go there."

"Whatever you're thinking you'll find there, it's unimportant." My voice cracked as distressed tears caught in my throat. The thought of Holly being harmed was too much.

"Do I hear fear in your tone Jen?" The sound of the door chime could be heard on the phone. "I never knew you cared so much." Silence.

"Stop it!" I screeched; this wasn't happening, Holly couldn't be in danger. With the tears draining on my cheeks, I rushed to my closet to find a packed emergency suitcase. Although I didn't want it to be, this was always a possibility, so I was prepared. Yanking it out of the top of the shelves, I hurried out of the flat without even changing or putting shoes on. Now the problem was where to go; I couldn't go to protect Holly, that's what Moriarty wanted. But I had no idea where Sherlock and Watson were, there was no way of reaching them.

Wait a minute. With a quick turn-around, I ran back into the living space and found the piece of paper Watson left. Before I knew it, I was standing at a pay phone frantically dialing the number. As soon as I heard breathing on the other end, I began talking.

"Doctor Watson? It's Jenna, we've got a problem. Moriarty's here, and he knows where I live. Last I know of, he was at the cafe where I normally go for breakfast, Serenity Nook."