Chapter 4

"Isn't he a beautiful child?" John said with a soft smile looking at the newborn baby that was now lying on the crib.

"Yes. But what will we name him?" Romina asked her husband softly. John remained quite for sometime.

"We will name him Rhesus Leonis Lupin." John declared proudly. Romina smiled at the name.

"I like the name." Romina said softly.

"Obviously you like the name." John smirked at his wife teasingly. Romina just rolled his eyes at his husband. John slowly picked up Rhesus from the crib and held him against his chest with utmost care. He then kissed Rhesus's forehead lovingly and passed him to his mother for feeding.

"I just can see you spoiling him with gifts and sweets." Romina said shaking her head fondly at her husband's antics.

"It's my son. If I want to spoil him, I will. You can't very well stop me." John said with narrowed eyes towards his wife.

"I surrender. Do whatever you want with him." Romina said while feeding Rhesus.

"Of course I will do whatever I like. I'm his father after all." John said haughtily. Romila was startled into laughing by the haughty tone. John also joined his wife after sometime.

Rhesus Leonis Lupin, or generally known as Harry James Potter, opened his tiny eyes and blinked several times trying to get acquainted with the sunlight after spending so many days in dark. Harry tried to look around but found that his immature body was not capable yet enough to do so. Harry knew, he was a Lupin now, but he didn't know if Remus was born yet or not. Someone picked him up from the crib and he came face to face with a gentle woman with a beautiful face.

"Oh my, John! Look here." Suddenly the woman called out wide eyed as he stared at Harry intently. Harry started squirming in discomfort.

"What is it?" A male voice panted out.

"John, see his eyes." The lady, who was probably his mother cried out excitedly.

Harry was soon handed over to another pair of arms. This time Harry came face to face with a man who had worried lines littered all over his face. Harry was stared at the man continuously as he tried to etch all these features in his head.

"It's a beautiful colour. Emerald green to be exact. Where did he got this colour from?" John asked in a awed voice. If Harry had been able to, he would rolling his eyes now at them.

"Who knows. I certainly don't care. It is a beautiful colour." Romina said smiling widely. John laughed at his wife's antics.

"If he wasn't a baby, I would have been jealous." John said dramatically. Romina rolled her eyes.

"Your dramatics has no end, I hope you know that." Romina glared at him half heartedly. John just leaned forward and kissed his wife lovingly. Harry smiled inwardly. But then whined in discomfort.

"Oh my, you are squishing him, you embecile." Romina scolded John and took Harry out of his arms. Harry didn't like it one bit that he was being passed around like a trophy, so he started whining.

"Oh baby, what's it?" Romina cooed while hugging him into her chest. Harry has never been a recipient of such affection before so he was somewhat shocked into silence.

"Mum and Dad's got you sweetie, don't cry." John cooed while petting his hair. Harry just laid there soaking in all the attention. After sometime, Harry was again laid down in the crib. He laid down there contently and closed his eyes.

"He's such a quiet child." Romina said fondly.

"And content. So far he's not fussed even once." John said with amazement and relief.