“Surprise?” The twins semi-yelled in uncertain tones.

“This is not funny.” I tell them as they led Hunter into the living room.

Hunter just stared at me the whole time. I was aware that this wasn’t the best I looked in his presence but I didn’t care. I wasn’t exactly here to meet him. I was here to discuss about Ash with the twins.

I looked at Nadine and Sadie who were both busy ogling Hunter.

I cleared my throat and caught their attention.

“In the kitchen please.” I said with as much control as I could.

The twins followed me. They were quiet, something I never expected from them.

“What were you two thinking? You know how much other issues are affecting me right now and you bring Hunter here too?” I couldn’t keep my voice in a calmer tone.

They couldn’t look at me.

“Tell him to go. I can’t talk to him like this. Not right now at least,” I stared at Sadie, knowing that she was mostly the one to blame for this.

“Trish I didn’t know that you’d be feeling like this. I just wanted you guys to talk about what happened yesterday. That’s it. I didn’t know Ash would be dropping a bomb on you like that.” She told me earnestly.

I bit my lip as I stared at her.

I sighed as I uncrossed my arms and leaned on the marbled counter.

“No. It’s fine. I’m just a bit hung up on what Ash told me a while ago.” I’ll probably regret saying this in the long run but right now I have no time to argue with the twins. They were, after all, just trying to help make things better for me.

“I’ll go talk to Hunter.” I told them.

Sadie squealed. Nadine stepped closer to me and looked at my face from different angles. “Not like that you’re not,” She said as she pulled me into the bathroom they had near the kitchen. She applied a thin layer of powder on my cheeks and a more than enough amount of gloss on my lips.

 “Easy on the gloss Nadine!” I half-screamed. She stepped back a bit.

Sadie was at the doorway, watching us. “Boys don’t like kissing girls when they have unattractive lips Trish.”

I felt my cheeks go warm. “Well, we don’t want to drown him in gloss now, do we?” I asked which only fueled more talking and gushing from the two.

“Somebody’s expecting a kiss,” Sadie teased.

 “Am not!” I could feel my face turn into a darker shade of red.

“Guilty,” Nadine smiled.

“Yep,” Sadie patted more powder on my cheeks. “Now quit blushing and give the man what he wants.”

“Pucker up those smackers before you talk to him and that might just give him enough reason to cool down if he ever gets mad while you talk.” Nadine Teased.

“Warm up is more like it, sis.” Sadie chimed in.

“Quiet both of you or I won’t be spilling any details after.” I warned them and they both made actions of zipping up their lips.

I took one last look in the mirror before inhaling and exhaling deeply and finally heading to where Hunter was.

He was sitting on the couch, just where I last saw him. But this time, instead of finding him there doing nothing, he was holding a picture frame in his hands.