EXTENDED SUMMARY / SOUNDTRACK

┍━━━━ ━━━━
EXTENDED SUMMARY !
┕━━━━ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑EXTENDED SUMMARY !┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

JUNE, 2022. humans and dinosaurs have now been forced to live amongst one another. two tiers of evolution—separated by tens of millions of years—have jarred together in unimaginable ways across the globe. the new world poses a terrifying void of things unknown to mankind; a void now part of everyday life.

laura hoskins has spent a lifetime accustomed to the unknown. she does not know why her parents died. she does not know why her aunt, dr. alice levin, abandoned her afterwards. why isla nublar had been her home for so long. why her loved ones kept away when she'd needed them to stay. why every little detail in-between knits together like a blanket she's incapable of shifting from herself. why evolution had picked her, in this time, for this life—with countless years to choose from.

if you go long enough without knowing, those questions start to spark. where there's a spark, there is a flame. flames catch fire, spread and leave holes; little by little until a blaze is impossible to ignore. maisie lockwood's decision to elope laura's world with the rest was that flint to said stone.

where fire spreads, conversation matches at twice the speed. word of a genetically cloned child in perfect health created by lockwood's enterprises has gone global, posing the threat of sinister poachers and unethical scientists. claire dearing and owen grady have tasked to keep maisie safe at all costs, keeping off the grid at a cabin hidden amongst the wintry depths of nevada valley, california.

on the other side of the country, laura hoskins and alex anderson live amongst the mundane pull of new york city, in the company of well loved friends. laura's heart has changed alongside the world. once at peace with not knowing the extent of her existence; she now believes nothing can ever be the same until she does.

the face of the new world is a man named dr. lewis dodgson, serving as the director of biosyn engineering; the world's leading genetics company. founded humbly in the shadows of jurassic park, it aims to guide humanity's brightest minds into the future with their groundbreaking research and prehistoric preservation sanctuaries. one individual in a corner of the globe is far from convinced; one who saw the ramifications of the new world thirty years ago with her very own eyes.

dr. ellie sattler has launched her own investigation into the ethics of biosyn's work, having learnt the company may have been behind that fateful night the power went out at jurassic park. she grows particularly suspicious of genetically modified locus designed to eat only biosyn-manufactured plant life, threatening to collapse the global food chain. in need of help to see her intuition through, she calls on an old friend... or two.

answers are not always easy to source. even in their abundance, they remain scarce if we only hear what we want to hear. we grow afraid of what we may have to endure to attain them. to watch pieces fall into place and come full circle. to lose and struggle to find your way back. you may wish to unlearn. you may be hurt in ways unimaginable.

but an answer, irregardless of it's complexity, will always promise one thing.

a conclusion.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑PLAYLIST !┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ━━━━
PLAYLIST !
┕━━━━ ━━━━

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑PLAYLIST !┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

jurassi-logos/dinow this
michael giacchino

reptilia THE STROKES | winter BENEE FT. MALLRAT | that funny feeling covered by PHOEBE BRIDGERS | you asked for this HALSEY | demons HAYLEY KIYOKO | snakeskin RINA SAWAYAMA

pump it BLACK EYED PEAS | outta my head SPIDERBAIT | shut up and drive RIHANNA |
hearts a mess GOTYE | treacherous (taylor's version) TAYLOR SWIFT |
love to dream DOJA CAT

'jurassic park' theme
john williams & the piano guys

laura's theme ( epilogue ):
matilda HARRY STYLES