preface

In Norse mythology, there is the story of Odin. Odin was not only the king of Aesir but he was also the God of many things. One of the most noticeable traits about Odin was his desire to sacrifice. The God, at one point, had given up one of his eyes so that he could drink from the well of wisdom. 

Holly Clarke was similar in that way. The girl had a desire to sacrifice herself. She would do anything for those that she loved. That is why she didn't put up a fight when her parents decided to uproot their entire life from the cozy routine of Suffern, New York. Of course, it was a bit of a shock to the girl that her two doting parents would want to suddenly pack up all of their belongings and move across the country, but she accepted it. Her reaction could be attributed to her mother; Holly's mother was a whimsical spirit. She had taught the girl that when life rips you up or apart it is because there is something greater coming. It was in her nature to give her daughter fortune cookie advice, and Holly was the type who took it and ran. Holly's father was a botanist who went where the wind blew. He loved with a passion that flowed through the Clarke family like electricity. The three were close, meaning that when the family was to make a decision they made it as a family. That is why it was crucial to the Clarke's that Holly approved of the decision to move to the rainy town of Forks, Washington. 

The initial reason was that Benjamin had been yearning to travel to the Pacific coast so that he could study the plants that riddled the northern coast before his retirement. When he first proposed the idea to his beloved wife Sofia she jumped at the chance, requesting that the family take up residence in the small town of Forks, Washington. The woman had read many books about the history of the land, specifically that of the nearby reservation. She had insisted that there was magic on the land. Of course, when Holly saw how set her parents were on moving their life to the other side of the country she was in full support of her parents happiness. On her own time the blonde looked up the town they were to move to on the internet, without her fathers talk of the plants, and without her mothers talk of the magic on the land. What Holly had found was a place that she thought was beautiful looking. The way the trees seemed to kiss the land on a beach of rocks and soft looking sand, not to mention the cliffs she yearned to stand on the precipis of. 

Like Odin, Holly knew that this sacrifice of uprooting her life would lead to greater wisdom. 

- I'm sorry that this is so short, its an introductory chapter so