chapter 2

Mako looked over to the soccer field while practicing. The football field and soccer field were right next to each other so Mako got to see Korra try-out. She was really good. The schools team was already really good and almost went undefeated last year and Korra was probably the best player out there! She was very athletic, Mako could tell. It was hard to focus on his football practice because he couldn't keep his eyes off Korra. 'Korra looks HOT in her soccer uniform!' Mako thought. She looked over at him and waved. He grinned widely and waved back, blushing slightly.

Korra looked over at Mako during her soccer try-outs. He was a really good quarterback! He could throw the ball all the way down the field without even trying that hard. Her brother, Jace, was also a football player but he was in college. He looked over at her and she waved, he grinned and waved back. 'Damn, he is hot in his football jersey.' Korra thought. When tryouts were over the coach, Ms. Beifong, called Korra over to her.
"Korra, you are probably the best player we've got! I expect to see you here again tomorrow for practice." Coach Beifong said.

"Yes ma'am! Thank you soooo much!" Korra said as she fist pumped the air.

"Yeah, whatever. Don't look now, but lover boy over there is walking this way." Coach said.

"Lover boy?" Korra asked confused.

"Mako, I can tell he really likes you. He was staring at you all of tryouts. He's into you. And I saw you look at him a few times too." Coach left to leave Korra  alone to talk to Mako. But before she left, she saw Korra blushing madly.

Football practice ended and Mako was walking over to Korra to get her for the ride over to Asami's house . Asami had come to pick up Bolin but had left Mako to be alone with Korra. 'Asami sure is clever.' Mako thought. He walked up to Korra.

"Hey, great job out there today." Mako greeted her.

"Thanks, you too!" Korra said as she dribbled that ball.

'Wow, she's got skills. That's really cute.' Mako thought. "So you ready to go to Asami's house ?"

"Yeah, just let me get changed in the locker room first." Korra answered already walking to the locker room.

"Oh, yeah! Me too. Meet you out  in front of  the school?" Mako asked embarrassed that he forgot to change and probably smelled like shit.

Korra waved her hand behind her head to show that she heard him.

Mako walked to the gym locker room to get changed. When he  changed, he looked in his brothers locker for cologne. He knew Bolin had it, every time he walked out of gym, he would smell just like it!

"Proven to attract girls." Mako read aloud. He shrugged and sprayed the tiniest squirt of it onto his chest. "That should be enough."

He walked out of the locker room  waiting for Korra. He was hoping this stuff would work on her. When he walked out he saw Korra sitting in the bleachers doing homework. When she looked up at him she smiled.

"Took you long enough! I've been waiting out here for like 15 minutes! Come on lets go." She put her books away and stared walking.

Mako laughed. "Korra, that's the wrong way..."

She turned around and her face got red. "Psh, I knew that. I was just making sure you knew!" She said.

"Uh-huh. Sure." Mako said, he knew she had just gone the wrong way and was making excuses for herself.

She rolled her eyes. "Lead the way city boy."

'City boy? She's giving me a nickname, that's cute. I wonder if she gave it to me because she likes me... I hope so, maybe this cologne really does work!' Mako thought. "City boy?" He asked.

Korra smiled and shrugged. "I don't know, it seemed to fit you. I mean this school is in the city and you seem to know your way around so... City boy is your new nickname."

Mako smiled, "Okay, but you need one too... Let me think." Mako then studied Korra, trying to think of the perfect nickname.

"No, I'm perfectly fine with Korra." She said shaking her head 'no'.

"Fine, but don't call me city boy too often. Other people might start calling me that. Only you can call me that." She looked at him and blushed.

They started walking towards the car
Mako opened the door for her.

"Such a gentleman." She said giggling.

"I try." He said getting in on his own side after shutting her door.

"So where does Asami live?" Korra asked as they pulled out of the schools parking lot.

"Grudon Road. Its about a 5 minute car trip." Mako answered, trying to focus on the road instead of Korra's beauty.

"Really? That's the road I live on! How ironic!" Korra answered bewildered.

Mako looked at her with wide eyes.

"Mako! The road!" Korra yelled.

"Shit!" He almost ran into someone but turned quickly before he could.

"Korra can I ask something "??
"Sure"
"What is the other reason you moved here?"

"The dad's compact is here and we had to move here to be closer to it. My brother isn't coming for 2 more weeks and he is bringing my car when he comes." Korra said as they turned onto her street.

"Cool, so which house is yours?"

"The  red mansion  one with  blue jeep in the front." She answered pointing to it.

"Really? That's only about 4 houses down from Asami's!" Mako exclaimed.

They pulled into the  driveway and knocked on Asami's front door. She came to the door, 

"Hey guys! Come on in!" Asami said happly.

"Thanks, you have a very lovely home." Korra said.

"Thank you, now please make yourself at home!" Asami said while hugging Korra.

"Thanks." Korra said looking around.

Asami walked back to Bolin and they continued watching TV. Mako walked over to Korra.

"Wanna get started on our homework?" He asked.

"Sure. City boy." She said with a wink and then walked over to the kitchen table.

'Did she just wink at me? Does that mean she likes me? Oh My God! That would be awesome! Maybe she does! Please like me!' Mako thought as he tried to hide the blush on his face with his scarf.

They got through their homework in about an hour and it was only 7 o'clock.

"Since we finished early, want to go for a walk?" Mako asked as he put his things in his backpack.

"Yeah, where to?" Korra asked.

"There is a Noodle restaurant right up the street, lets just go there. It's about dinner time anyways." Mako asked as they walked out the door.

"I'm STARVING ! Lets go!" She grabbed his hand and started to run in the direction of the noodle place.

"Korra slow down!" Mako yelled.

"Oh right sorry." She slowed down and he caught his breath.

"I like your scarf by the way." Korra said as they rounded the corner to the restaurant.

"Thanks, it was my fathers." Mako said.

"Where is he now?"

"He  and mom died when I was only 8 years old ." Mako said holding the scarf tightly.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know..."

"No, it's fine. We live with our  uncle and he is really nice." Mako said avoiding her gaze. "We're here."

"This place looks awesome!" Korra squealed with delight.

Mako chuckled. "Alright lets go inside."

What do you think ???

Be ready for the next chapter
And don't forget to vote and comment
♡love you all♡