C H A P T E R 1

In the 5th day of May, a 6-year-old boy was crying in the Han River. A little girl with a fluffy cheek tried to approach him. "Hey why are you crying?" "Why don't you just ignore me." The little boy replied annoyingly. "Ya! I'm just asking because your cries were really irritating. Stop crying, you look ugly."

"Ya! I'm not ugly." The boy replied as he wiped his tears falling on his chubby cheeks. "Then why are you crying? My mom told me that boys are not crying, unless they are gay." The little girl laughs as she teased the little boy. "Ya! I'm not a gay!" "Then why are you crying?"

"My dog died, she is my one and only best friend." The little boy started to weep again as he talks about his dog. The little girl laughs hysterically, she even holds her tummy. Oh well what a tease.

"Why are you laughing? You don't even know how it feels so bad to lose someone who's been there for so long with you." The little boy said, and he pushed away the little girl. "Ya don't pushed me!" The little girl yelp but he kept on pushing her. Then suddenly the little girl falls on the floor causing her to get a little scratch on her arm, but the little girl doesn't mind it she just stood up again and she faced the little boy who's still crying out loud.

She sat beside him and tapped his shoulder. "Don't think you're the only one who's losing someone in their life. I lost my father when I was 4-year-old. It was so hard for me to bear it. My mom carried all the pain and she even start working for me, for my future. You just lost your dearest dog, I lost my precious dad." How could a 6-year-old girl think like 16-year-old.

The little girl blinks continuously as if she's trying hard to block all the tears in her eyes that was supposed to fall but she didn't succeed. A warm tear started to fall on her rosy cheeks. It was hard for a little girl to live without a father.

"Ya! I was the only one crying here! Stop copying me!" The little girl wipes the tear on her cheek. She just laughed how stubborn he was.

She let out an adorable laugh that can everyone melt all their sadness away. She also had beautiful smile. She had also a charming personality that a 6-year-old girl can't have. She's like a sunshine to everyone, specially to her mom.

"Are you new here?" The little boy blurt out randomly. "Yes, I just came here yesterday. I wanted to find a fresh air until an ugly guy cried annoyingly. So ugly." The little girl teased and she laugh how pissed off he was.

"I told to I'm not gay!" "I said guy not gay! You ugly deaf! Unless you are." The little girl teased again.

They started to fought over things and they end up laughing about it.

"I'm Yook Sungjae." The little boy introduced himself. "I'm Park Soo Young."

"Can I call you Joy?" The little Sungjae mumble out of nowhere. "Joy? Why Joy?" The little Soo Young asked curiously about the pet name he gave.

"I just find it cute." "Ow well, I'm cute." Soo Young teased and she laugh. "You wish." 

Sungjae noticed the scratch on Soo Young's arm. "Joyiah, mianhe." " Wae?" Soo Young was confused. "For causing you that." Sungjae pointed the scratch on her arm. Soo Young cover it with her hands and she just laugh. "Sungjae , don't worry too much. This is just a scratch, my mom said this won't make me die." Soo Young grow up being strong and positive girl. Since she and her mother left alone, she started to be tough for her and for her mom.

"Aniyaa, we better go home. My mom was worried about me it's getting late." Sungjae said and they both stood up. Sungjae teased her by pinching her cheeks and he ran after that.

"Ya! You ugly Yook Sungjae get back here!" Soo Young ran to reached Sungjae.

The whole street filled with laughter of the two young kids who are running like they were going to fall anytime.

Soo Young stop for a minute. She stares blankly. Sungjae noticed the sudden stop of Soo Young.

"What's wrong?" "I-i. I don't know where to go." Soo Young voice became shaky. "What?" Sungjae asked in confusion. "I mean, I don't know where our house located." Soo Young said and she scratched her head. Sungjae frown about what she said. "Paboyah."

They both laugh.

The two young kids ran again and laugh out loud as if the whole world was all about them.