Love at a time like this?... Reader and Daryl Dixon. Part 1.

Start from the beginning

"Fort Benning sounds good though, it's not that big of a place, maybe it never hit them there as bad." you said to Rick, "Yeah, gotta hope." he replied. He looked at you, he could tell that you were kinda lost. "Do you want to meet our group? you know, incase things don't work out to good at this farm house?" he said. You looked up at him and said "Yeah, I would like to, I've been alone since this started" you walked with the men back to the group who all seemed to be very cerious to who you were. As you were walking to where they were standing you were side by side with Daryl, this made you very uneasy for some reason, like you couldn't even look at him without it feeling like you had disrespected him for laying your eyes upon him. It was a very odd feeling, once you had stopped walking Rick who you had guessed was the leader of the group stood in the middle and spoke "This is Y/N shes only 18 and has been on the road alone since the begining of this all, until she could make it to where her parents are shes going to be apart of our group, so place be kind and welcome her." he stood a side and you smiled and gave a small wave, you saw that there was a lot more men then women in the group even two kids. You made friends with Lori and Carol quick, but the other one was kinda distant, you found out that Lori was Ricks wife and the young boy Carl was their son, and the girl was Carols daughter Sophia. The distant woman was Andrea, the old man was Dale and the two other men who weren't with Rick, Shane and Daryl were T-Dog and Glen.

You looked for stuff with Lori and Carol for a bit, then just found yourself wondering around the cars by yourself, looking for more water and what ever else it looked like this group needed. You walked by the R.V where Dale and Glen were and they said hello, you said Hi back and kept walking, you came to a stop when you saw Daryl with his back turned, he was standing off to the side of the road, acting like you didnt see him you kept walking towords him. "god, cant i take a piss without anyone around" he yell over his shoulder,a small "sorry" was all that came out  you turned around as fast as you could and walked the other direction, after you saw he was done you walked back to where he was and looked into the cars for more stuff, you made your way past him and you could feel his eyes on you, this gave you chills but not in a bad way. You kept to yourself the rest of the day, only talking when you were spoken to, it was still early in the evening when Dale was up on the roof of his R.V and everyone was scatterd out when you saw him kinda freeze when he was looking through his binoculars you looked out towords the road and saw Rick raise his gun.

You were trying to see what they were looking at so you started to walk closer to Rick, when you got close enough, Rick lowerd his gun and told you, Lori, Carol, Carl and Sophia to get under the cars. You all Slid under each a vehicle laying there not making a sound, then you heard them, the 'walkers' as the group called them were everywhere, they had you all surrounded. You could see hundereds of feet making there way through the vehicles, you looked around to make sure that everyone was still safe under their cars and you could see them all. After about ten minutes there was no more walking, you waited until you were sure there was no more walkers, You slowly slid out from underneith the car and stood up carefully, you saw Carl and Sophia start to slowly come out but before you could tell them not to they had already you saw two walkers going after Sophia who was still under the car, she slid out the other way towords the trees, your first instinct was to run after her and obeyd. You ran as fast as your legs would carry you to where she went down, you made your way down the side and reached the bottom, you ran in the direction she had until you had her in your sight and you could also see the two walkers after her, you ran on her left and got a head of her you ran in front of her and told her to get on your back. You ran as fast as you could, she was light for her age which made it easyer, you were out of breath and the two walkers were still on your trail, you put her down got on one knee and told her that she needed to climb the tree as far up as she could so you could kill the walkers.