Brian|○ ☀︎|Slow Dance

Comenzar desde el principio

He nodded, "So, what brought you to my humble garden? I went ahead and claimed it since I didn't expect anyone else to come out here."

With your blush fading, you kept your gaze downcast and let out an internal snort. Claimed it huh? Yeah, okay. "My date kinda left me for a succubus he deemed a better partner. I was just sitting alone at a table, deciding whether to leave or to confront him... I didn't really want to be that girl and go home so I came out here for solitude and fresh air."

The side of his mouth curled upwards into a small smile, "Well, we can be in solitude together then." He reached a hand out, waiting for a handshake.

I accepted the handshake and finally looked up, an eyebrow raised, "You know that's an oxymoron right? The both of us being here together completely defeats the whole purpose of 'solitude'."

His half smile grew into a full one, "Y'know, I was beginning to think you had a thing for my shoes after staring at them for so long. Good to see you're a normal person, er, demon-"

"'Scuse you!" you interupt his joking, feigning hurt and placing your hands on your hips. "I just happened to notice and admire the very dapper footwear!"

He chuckled and playfully rolled his eyes at your weak defense, putting his hands in his pockets, "Uh huh, that's what they all say," he winked. "Anyways, we can still be in solitude together. Solitude, by definition, is the absence of human activity, I'm technically not a human anymore cause I'm undead. And you're a demon, which is way farther from being a human than I am. Ergo, we can both stay yet still be in solitude."

You crossed your arms across your chest, refusing to back down. "Well, yeah... But solitude is also the state of being alone, which still means two people cannot be in solitude together without breaking that solidarity."

Suddenly he leaned close, eye to eye with you. He didn't try to hide his delight at your determination. Your blush immediately resurfaced, "What-"

He poked your nose and tilted his head with a satisfied smirk, "Just teasin' ya. No need to get too riled up. You look nice by the way." He stood up straight and walked around the fountain, stopping only to motion for you to follow.

Did he just... poke me? Again?? And compliment me???

You sputtered out an incoherent response, "I- You just- What?"

Without turning around, he responded, "For a demon who's easy to rile up, you're even easier to fluster," he chuckled again. "C'mon, I wanna show you something."

You obeyed, walking around the fountain and catching a glimpse of your reflection. You'd spent two hours perfecting your appearance for tonight. Your auburn hair cascaded over one shoulder in rippling waves of copper and brass tones. That took forever to manage. Your makeup had to be kept simple for two reasons. One, you were in a real time crunch, and two, not a lot of colors went well with your scarlet skin. Black eyeshadow and a subtle wing helped accentuate your blank, white eyes and their naturally round shape. Your lips were painted a mahogany color, to match the ram-like horns that protruded from above your temples and curled down behind your ears.

As you reached Brian, he held out his hands, a gesture for you to take them. You hesitated, but slid your hands into his anyway. Once you did, he pulled you closer and rested yours hands on his shoulders. Your eyebrows shot up and you opened your mouth to protest, your blush was definitely visible now. He only shushed you and put his hands on a comfortable spot on your waist, not too high, not too low. He observed your facial expressions carefully, ready to back off at your word. To his surprise, you kept your mouth shut and averted your eyes to his chest. Taking that as a positive sign, he began to sway you side to side. "Perfect night for a prom, huh?"

You dodge the question, still unsure, "What are we doing?"

"Dancing, isn't it obvious?" he answered with yet another teasing smirk.

You looked at him deadpan, "Yes Brian, I'm aware of that. What I meant to was, why are we dancing?"

He began slowly moving the two of you in a box-like pattern, still swaying. "Why not? You wanna stop?"

"No!" you answered a bit too quickly. His smirk was going to be the death of you. "I'm not against it... But we look like idiots and there's no music to dance to?"

"Woah there! Okay, meanie, no one else is here to see us, and you don't need music to dance. You only need a body to move and the will to groove," he smiled cheekily, proud of his own rhyme.

You rolled your eyes at his antics and rested your head against his chest, your head only reached the knot of his tie. Brian sighed and spoke again, this time you had no retort.

"Both our dates left so it's up to us to make the most of our night. It is prom after all. It should be a happy memory, not a sad one."

You kept quiet, letting his words sink in and his hands guide you to the slow dance. He just said our night. Breathing in deeply and sighing, a moment of comfortable silence passed. You looked back up into his eyes and whispered shyly with a small smile, "Thank you, Brian. I appreciate it, really."

He smiled and pulled you closer, resting his chin atop your head. He held you tighter, cradling you between his arms, you felt safe, at home in his embrace. You felt a soft kiss on the top of your head and smiled, letting your eyes close and a giggle escape your lips to which he grinned boyishly at. All your thoughts and fears drifted away in his warm embrace. He whispered his reply, making your heart flutter with hope and childish glee.

"Anytime, Y/N."