Deleted [Doctor Who Fan Fiction]

This is the first fanfiction I've ever written in my life, so it was fun to experiment. It's all very new to me, so constructive criticism is appreciated and welcomed! Hope you like it. :)

Cover photo credit goes to the wonderful Kaitlyn__Stylinson!

~

You're dying.

That's all you know, that's all you feel, that's all you can see - death. Your heart is slowing, it's thumping pathetically in your broken chest. Your tears fall down your cheeks and they feel like fire, ripping apart your skin. Your hand reaches out but there is no one there.

Except, there is.

There's a man.

You can see his shoes, his pants pulled up just a little too high so you can see his thick red socks. He kneels by your side, and his hand moves your hair from your face, his touch as gentle as the wind.

"Oh, Terra," the man says. Is that a tear in his voice? You can't tell. "Oh, my dear, sweet Terra."

What? You don't know this man. You've never seen him before in your life - you've never seen anyone like him, never seen anyone in a bow tie and suspenders.

"I - I...." You struggle to speak. "....d-don't...."

"You don't know me. Of course not, only makes sense." The man takes hold of your hand. If you had the strength, you'd pull away, but it feels comforting. You don't have anyone else right now. "See that box over there?"

Through your haze, you can just barely make out a shape. A...blue police box? Here, in the middle of the woods? You see a figure step into it, and seconds later, the blue box disappears.

You're delirious. You must be.

"That's mine. See, Terra, I just - well, myself in the past, it's a little complicated - I saw you get hit. And you were so alone. I was going to leave you, but I decided to make things right." He gives your hand a squeeze, and a gentle smile. "I can't save you, but I can give you a friend in your last moments. Keep you company."

You don't understand. He's not a friend. And that man was him, in the box? "W-what?" you croaked.

"You'll see."

And then, you remember. You have seen this man before.

You've known him your entire life.

Of course! How could you forget? He's the Doctor.

Your Doctor.

~

Fifteen Years Earlier

You were eight years old, and alone. A new school, a new home, and a new mother. Your father had remarried, and started his life over in an entirely different state. But where did you come in? It was like you were the last tidbit of a life he wanted to forget.

You were the puzzle piece that just didn't fit.

Sitting up in your room, you weren't sure whether to scream or cry. Nothing was right. Your father didn't care about you anymore, he only cared about his new family. You might as well run away.

And you might have, too. But a blue box appeared in your bedroom, and out stepped a man. He had a strange tie, and weird eyebrows, but he looked nice. "Terra?" he asked, peeking out from the doors of the box.

You stared at him. "How do you know my name?"

"Finally! I tried three other houses before I got here. Nice people, of course, but I sure did give that one sweet old lady a scare -" he trailed off with a smirk. "Anyways, Terra. I'm the Doctor, and I'm here to be your friend."