You've got to be kidding

Depuis le début

"Yes it is, she's dead. That was the deal" Lora turned around with a glare "don't try and sell me short on this. I did my end, if you want more then you'll have to up the pay"

Israphel chuckled and threw a bag onto the bed "how about doubling it?" Lora eyes the bag.

"What else do you want?" She asked. She leaned against the wall with a passive face.

"Apparently They're being brought back" Israphel said "A spy informed me that the twins came back a day or so ago. I need you to make sure the girl doesn't either. We can take care of the other two later"

"No" Lora said. Israphel stopped and turned.

"What?" He asked, stepping towards her. Lora stood her ground.

"I appreciate the offer but I don't accept" she said. Israphel smiled

"And why would that be my dear?" He asked. She walked over, picked up the bag and thrust it into his arms.

"I wont have any more of you. get out" She said. For once in a long time Israphel felt completely and utterly shocked. No one had ever denied him anything before.

"I don't believe you understand" He said walking forward. Anger was starting to boil inside him "I'm not asking"

"And I don't think you understand me" She said walking to the door "I'm telling you to get out" her face was slack, showing no emotion. Israphel on the other hand was over flowing with anger but obliged and left with a swift flick of his hand. He only left a small wisp of smoke behind.

"she wanted you to have this" Kye said handing Steve a letter sealed with red wax. A sad smile crossed his face as he took it.

It was quiet in the library, they were the only two in there. Kye had made sure of that.

Steve carefully popped the seal and unfolded it carefully.

I'm sorry. The letter read

I realize I've caused you pain, but I couldn't deal with everything. Finding out I was kidnapped and raised by my uncle? No one would have thought different. Especially since my real dad is hated. But- if I had the choice I wouldn't do anything different. It was fun, all the adventures we had and even if you aren't my real dad, You always will be to me.

Even if it bothers me that you took me I can't do anything about it now. But if you tried to make me choose I wouldn't be able to. I was taken from one life and put in another. I might have turned out like people thought, a murderer like my real father. Or I would have turned out different from that. Heck, I may even had stayed the same that I am now. Or was. If you're reading this it means one thing. Kye kept her promise to me. You'll have to thank her for me since I can't any more.

I'm sorry dad. I really am. What I did was wrong, but I ask only one more thing from you.

Can you forgive me?

Steve had tears welling in his eyes as he nodded his head.

"Yes" his voice sounded horse from grief "I can. I do" and he started to cry. Kye watched sadly from the other side of the desk, her head hung low.

"She wanted you to know" Kye said trying to stay strong "once she died. She had tried several different times to write but, she could never finish one or send it. She was too scared of what would happen. This was the only way she thought acceptable to tell you" Steve hung his head.

"Acceptable? Nothing about this is acceptable" he said, voice low. "What happened to the other letters?"

Kye sighed "she burnt them. She didn't want anyone finding out" Steve shook his head, one tear falling to the ground