Chapter eleven

Alice's P.O.V

I awoke to the sound of yelling. 'What do you mean I can't see her! You have no fucking heart!.. ' jack. I wanted to call to him but it felt like Id just eaten a tube of super glue.

The doctor walked in. ' ah ! Alice! It's nice to see that your awake! How are you feeling?' I felt fine but obviously I could tell him that due to my current dilemma.

Instead I just shrugged. 'I guess that means your fine' I looked over at my bed side table and saw a piece of paper and a pen . I grabbed it and scribbled on the notepad . 'Let jack in' I showed the doctor the notepad and he raised an eyebrow in confusion.

'I don't think you understand Alice. You are in the icu. And I say you are in no shape for visitors .' I scribbled again on the paper . 'I said let him in god dammit!!' I threw the paper onto the bedside table and gave him the coldest stare I could manage.

He sighed and mumbled something under his breath and walked out. A couple minutes later jack walked in. I felt his arms wrap around me in a tight embrace. I winced at the pain and he flinched . 'Oh. I-I'm sorry Alice' his eyes were red and puffy. Like he'd been crying a lot. It couldn't had been about though .

I grabbed the paper and pen and scribbled on the notepad. 'Its fine jack. Don't ask why I can't talk. It feels like I've eaten an entire stick of glue' he smiled at my weakly and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. 'I don't care if you could talk to me or not. As long as your in my arms I'm happy.' I felt a blush erupt onto my cheeks.

Jack jumped up and ran over to my jacket and grabbed something from the pocket. What was he doing? He came back and extended his hand, showing the purple guitar pick necklace. My eyes widened . I'd almost forgotten about it.

'Alice. I need to ask you something. I've been meaning to ask you for a long time now.' He looked down at his shoes and then back up at me. 'Will you.. Will you be my girlfriend?' I blushed and hugged him.

'Im guessing that's a yes.'