"Hi dad."

It hurt you to see his dads reaction. He was absolutely broken, because not only had he thought his son was dead, now he had to live with the fact that he had shot him, when he seemed to be okay now. 

You couldn't see his father from where you stood, but you did see his hand flatten against the glass separating them. Josh silently placed his own against his, tears welling up into his eyes as he looked into his fathers eyes. Sobs could be heard through the phone, broken and full of regret, and you knew it was his father who was crying.

"I'm so sorry, Josh... I'm so sorry." Josh chuckled sadly, and sniffed as well, pointing towards his teared cheek to clear up some of his fathers assumptions.

"In some way you actually cured me dad..." But as he said this, the thought of his own father shooting him forced his lower lip to tremble. Josh sniffed again, and then wiped tears from under his eyes with the sleeves of his shirt.

"B-But why did you do it? Why couldn't you have reacted the way mom did..." His words only added more pain to his father's already aching heart, and this was the reason why you had purposely told his mother not to be there.  Words couldn't explain how hurt Josh must have been, and while you couldn't blame him, you also could see the thought behind his fathers actions.

"I-I was so scared, Josh... I couldn't believe it was you." He explained, but Josh only nodded quickly, unable to meet his eyes as he sadly smiled down at his hand, which was clamped between his knees.

"I'll come visit you again soon, okay?" He then spoke with a shaky breath, to which his father could only nod. Josh hung the phone back, and got up from his seat, not looking back as his father waved at him.

You welcomed Josh with a warm hug, but no words were spoken as the two of you walked back to the car and headed to Josh' home. Questioning him at this moment didn't seem like such a good idea, and you figured you would check on him at some point later today, as he immediately fled up to his room once you opened the front door.

---------------

Your mother had invited you to stay with them for at least a few days, and you gladly accepted her request. She was one of the sweetest ladies you had ever met, and she reminded you of your own mother, who you had talked with the other days when you finally went home with Chris again. You explained the situation to your family, and since they had already heard a lot from Chris, supported your decision into helping Josh get better again.

Chris was helping as well, sometimes coming over with some video games in the hospital to keep Josh entertained, and just continuously apologizing for everything he had done and said.

Josh continued to accept everyone's apology, and you wondered why he did. If it were you, you would have a really hard time accepting anyone, because of what they did. They tried to kill him at some point, and if that didn't hurt him he'd need to have a heart of steel. But nonetheless, even steel could dent.

At around 9 in the evening, you headed towards his room, with a plate of his favorite food wrapped in foil. You knocked on his door, and smiled as he opened it somewhat quickly, his eyes beaming at your arrival.

"Hey, I brought you some food." You nodded towards the plate in your hands, and Josh took it from you and invited you in. As you walked past him, you eyed the Freddy Krueger statue, and scoffed with a chuckle.

"That thing scared the crap  out of me when I first got here."

Josh chuckled, and placed the plate of food on his desk before walking to you.

"I don't blame you, as it was kind of the reason why I put it there." You chuckled and turned to him, smiling before grabbing his hand and letting your arms dangle between your bodies. He seemed to eye you for a second, before his other hand cupped your cheek and caressed his thumb over your cheekbone.

"Everything you did for me, Y/n... it truly means a lot." He whispered, the silence in the room only making his words stand out more. You squeezed his hand in yours, and leaned up into him to connect your lips to his.

Josh had kissed you many times more these past few days, but a genuine kiss that had love dripping from its sensation was new to you. He was slow, sensual and sweet, a kiss true to the feeling the both of you held.

As the two of you pulled away, Josh couldn't help but steal another kiss, pecking your cheek and forcing a burst of giggles from your lips. He pulled you into his side, and wrapped his arms tightly around your shoulders leaning his head down to whisper in your ear.

"Lets make this a really special night... just the two of us."