"Hey," the vampire murmured "You couldn't have known."

I let out a small, incredulous laugh "I left him alone with Katherine, Damon. That was kind of... Anyway, now I only have to hunt her down and torture her for doing that to my favourite uncle."

Damon blinked in surprise "Isn't he your only uncle?" A short pause followed before he stiffened "Wait, did you just say Katherine?" I nodded, causing Damon to let out a groan "Dammit, I kissed Katherine."

"What?"

"I thought she was Elena," he explained.

I raised my eyebrow at him "Why would you want to kiss Elena?"

He shrugged "To annoy my brother. I'm not in love with her or something... Bit too judgy for my taste. Plus, she's kind of worse than Katherine in my opinion."

"How so?" I frowned, grabbing his hand in mine. Who I was comforting, I didn't know but at least for me it was working.

"Elena acts like a bitch towards you and she always tries to change who I am," he murmured sadly "I think if she had been nicer and not only two-faced, I might have fallen in love with her."

I looked up when Aunt Jenna ran into the waiting area, over to Elena "You'll find someone who deserves to be loved by you, Damon. It might take time but someone's out there, waiting for you. Excuse me, please." I got up and joined my aunt and sister.

"At the fire department," Jenna blinked in surprise, looking at Elena as if she lost her mind "I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier."

"No, you didn't," Elena denied.

Jenna rolled her eyes "Yes, I did."

Two hours later, we got to see Uncle John... who was fine. Disgruntled and a bit snippy but overall fine. He told me that it wasn't my fault what happened with Katherine and that he actually talked with her a bit before she decided to stab him. It was a bit random but nothing he wasn't used to. I thought it was better not to ask what he was talking about. Better for my heart and for my sanity. We talked for a while before the nurse shooed Jenna and me out. Elena had left just after she found out that John would be alright while Aunt Jenna and I stayed here.

"So, will you go to Richard's wake?" Jenna questioned in the car.

I nodded "Damon's taking me there early. I wanna see if there's something I can do for Carol. Need to talk to Jay first though."

"What did he do now?" Jenna groaned good-naturedly.

I hesitated. Should I tell her? "I – It's best if you ask him. Sorry, Jenna."

"That bad?" she frowned worriedly.

"Ask him. If Jay wants to tell you, he will."

Jenna glanced at me out of the corner of her eye and sighed in defeat "You two were always too good at this. Alright, fine. I'll ask Jeremy."

I nodded once and ran into the house quickly, up the stairs "Jay? Can I come in?" I called through the door.

"Yeah," my brother called back.

I opened the door and slipped inside, seeing my baby brother sitting on his bed with Anna "Oh. Hey, Anna. How are you and your mother?"

The older vampire smiled up at me "Thanks to you, we're alright. Mother is worried for your uncle though. How is he?"

"Complaining," I shrugged "He'll be fine. Can't say the same about Katherine. If I find her again and I definitely will, she'll pay."

"You can't kill her," Anna exclaimed worriedly.