Oneshot #2

"I fell in love with you, not them."
————————————————
Romance was not Levi Ackerman's thing.

Sure, he was a famous business owner who was adored for not only his wealth, but his looks. And, yeah, maybe he would throw an occasional glance at some of the girls in the crowd, but that didn't mean anything when it came to knowing romance. If anything, it was just a wish.

But that all changed when he came into Levi's life.

Erwin Smith started out as a businessman who just wanted to get by and have an uneventful life as an accountant and nothing else. Maybe a dog or a cat, but nothing to make him memorable.

And when he started working for Levi and his company, he never thought this rich, gorgeous, buisness man would notice him. Did he mention how gorgeous this man was?

Levi was the embodiment of the Greek goddess Aphrodite, if she was a man, of course. And Erwin thought, he doesn't even know it.

But for Levi, Erwin was exactly that and so much more. Aphrodite who? This blond, tall business man just happened to be perfect, and Levi wasn't supposed to fall in love with him? That must've been a joke.

At first, it was... awkward. Levi had feelings for Erwin much more faster than Erwin did for him, and soon, he felt like he was going to burst if he didn't tell this man that he loved him. So after Erwin's shift ended, Levi called him to his office.

Erwin thought he was getting fired. He ran all the things he must've done wrong in his head, but couldn't think of any. He became nervous as he reached the door, because, in all honestly, he liked the shorter man. And he didn't want to let it go so easily.

Deep breaths, Erwin told himself. You already packed up your stuff, so don't let it surprise you too much.

The moment Erwin opened the door, Levi jumped him. But it started with Levi saying that what he was going to say might sound gushy and like bullshit, but it was sincere.

"I... think I'm in love with you..." Was all Levi had said.

That was all he had said before he kissed Erwin on his tip-toes, getting his fingers tangled in the velvet of Erwin's undercut. When he let go, they were both panting.

"A-Are you sure?" Erwin panted. "I mean, aren't there much more gorgeous men out there for you— or women! Nanaba and Hanji are pretty. And Mike! Are you sure it's me?"

"Erwin Smith," Levi said in his low voice. "Trust me, I fell in love with you, not them."

Levi pulled on Erwin's tie, trying to undo it, but Erwin stopped him. When Levi looked at him, all he saw was pain.

"Levi... I-" Erwin gulped. "I don't know about this." Levi let go of his half-undone tie and held his hand. "Love has never been something I'm not very good at."

"I'm not good at it either-"

"No, not like that," Erwin said quietly. "I've been in relationships before. A few, but each one I thought would be stable. Each one I thought would be the last one; the one that I would marry. But now with you... I just don't want to get hurt again. You have so much fame and people who love you... I don't want to be recognized as one of your 'fanboys' who mull over you constantly. If this is going to be real, if you truly mean it, then tell me, do you really love me?"

"More than anyone I've ever known," Levi replied. "I love you so much it hurts. My heart swells, it really does, when I just look at you. Do you know how much that fucked with me, Erwin? I have never fallen in love before, like truly fallen in love. And I promise you, I will treat you right. Just give me a chance."

Erwin hesitated, not wanting to say no but not wanting to say yes either, but he saw the sincerity, and all he could say was, "Ok."

Again, Erwin felt the softness of Levi's lips against his own. Only this time, it was just a kiss. Levi knew how hesitant he was, so he didn't make any sort of move to untie his tie or unbutton his shirt. It was just a kiss.

That fact alone made Erwin comfortable enough to give in to the same love. A few moments later, he let go, looking down and giving a small smile to the man he loved.

"Don't think just because I love you, you'll get a raise," Levi said quietly, revealing a small smile of his own. Erwin chuckled, softly grabbing Levi's chin and tilting it up further, giving him easier access to his lips.

But a year later Erwin really did get that raise. The last box from Erwin's old apartment was finally moved into Levi's home.

The smaller man tried to make it as difficult as possible, trying to distract him and give Levi attention.

A few minutes later, Erwin finished.

"Erwin," Levi said. "Welcome home."

"You know what this means," Erwin said with a hint of mischief. Levi opened his mouth, but Erwin cut him off. "I get a raise..."