The Men That Don't Fit In*

Start from the beginning

Harry wiggled out from her arms, gripping her skirts tightly as he looked at the sandy-blond man. "You're a werewolf!" He said, excitedly. "Did Dad know?"

Remus was taken back. "Yes, he did." He smiled and crouched down to eye level with the boy. "In fact, your Dad and out group of friends learned how to be animagus for me, for when it was a full moon and kept me company all night."

"Animagus, that's when you focus your magic to turn into an animal right?" Harry asked, curiously.

"That's right." Remus replied, he looked up at Cecily for a moment, before continuing, "I bet you got that from your Mama, didn't you?"

Harry nodded. "She's the smartest person I know, even smarter than Uncle Severus." Remus' eyebrows shot up at that.

"Uncle Severus?"

Harry looked at him sheepishly. "I know you all didn't have a good past, but he's been very nice to me and I love him and he teaches me a lot when he comes to visit us."

Cecily looked thoroughly amused at them. "Severus joins us as we are travelling."

Remus furrowed his brows. "What of Dumbledore?" Cecily's demeanor changed instantaneously.

"If you are still with us tonight, I will tell you about all about Albus Dumbledore." Cecily said, spitting out the wizards name as if it were a curse. Remus looked up at her determined.

"If you'll have me, I will stay with you both until you ask me to leave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True to his word, Remus stuck around- not that Cecily would send away one of Harry's only connection to his parents, that'd be cruel, too cruel, and she loved her boy too much to do that to him, so she let Remus stay with them.

He was, however, not at all happy to learn what Cecily knew of Albus and his plans for Harry. In fact, Cecily had to pay a decent amount of money to replace pillows that the werewolf had shredded, but Remus apologized and as very chastised by her, so she felt a bit better about the whole thing.

They were in India now, heading towards Nepal to visit with the wizard-turned-monks that lived with the Bhikku, and the Nepalese people to learn from them. Remus looked fairly grizzly-like, with a cleanish beard and longer hair that he pulled up and away from his face to see, when it started snowing in the mountains. Cecily looked in her element, her gray eyes sharp and matching the sky at times. Harry was like a curious puppy, running around- with safety charms on him of course- with hair trinkets tinkling and bright eyes wide with wonder. His magic- and Cecily was still amazed at the sheer rawness and strength of it- floating around him, making plants flourish and the ground melt at times.

"Your son is very spirited, Mage Grademark." An elder member commented, watching as Harry danced with some of the others in the clan. It was a festive night after all- the moon was full, the stars were out and no one had died recently in the clan.

"That he is." Cecily murmured, looking at her green eyed boy. She was worried-

"You are worried." The elder said, noddin*his head sagely, as if agreeing with her.

"All parents are worried about their children." The elder chuckled.

He tilted his head and regarded her. "Yes, but you are worried for a different reason. Worried about his magic, perchance? Or when he has to go to school? Fulfill his destiny?"

Cecily closed her eyes. "A seer." She opened them and looked at the elder sharply. "I'm worried about what is going to happen to him...."

"But?" The elder offered.

"But, I know that I will always do my best to help him." She looked at her son again. "I cannot protect him of things already set in stone, so I will help him instead. Offer him all that he needs to stay alive and happy. His magic is strong, it's wild and can be dangerous, so I'll teach him control. How to output it, so it doesn't build up. His schooling is of no problem, since I haven't stepped down from my job with the Ministry- I can come and visit him when I want to or when he needs me to. However, his destiny..... that is something I, myself cannot change, but..." and she looked very pointedly at her son. "He may be able to."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: July 31, 1990/ Harry's 11th Birthday

Dear Mr. Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress