"Rosemary!" a voice called out making said girl snap out of her thoughts and almost go falling out of the tree she was sitting in. Rosemary quickly caught herself and closed her book before swinging upside down so that she was hanging by her legs from the tree branch.

She looked towards the house and saw Mrs. Macready at the door yelling for her as she looked around. Rosemary's eyes widened and she hauled herself up and jumped down from the tree, her feet instantly landing in the soft and itchy grass.

The brunette then ran through the grass and towards Mrs. Macready, hoping that the lady hadn't seen her in the trees. Mrs. Macrady had told her multiple times to stop climbing up there, but something about being able to read while sitting in a tree always seemed to calm Rosemary down.

Mrs. Macrady turned in the direction of Rosemary and sighed upon seeing the girl. "Rosemary, there you are. You weren't in those trees again, were you?" Mrs. Macready asked as Rosemary came to a stop in front of her. Rosemary gave her a small smile and said, "Why would I be in the trees when you specifically told me not to?"

Mrs. Macready looked at the girl with her hands on her hips. Her eyes seemed to scan over her and Rosemary continued to give her an innocent smile until Mrs. Macready gave a small nod.

"Very well then. If you say you weren't up in the trees, then I believe you. Now come on in, dear. Your grandfather is waiting at the dinner table," Mrs. Macready told the girl as she turned around and began to walk inside. Rosemary sighed in relief.

"Oh, and Rosemary?" Mrs. Macready called back. "Yes, Mrs. Macready?" Rosemary replied. The woman turned to look at Rosemary and gave her a small innocent smile as she said, "You have a small twig in your hair."

Rosemary blushed slightly and quickly pulled said twig out of her hair. "Oh, it must've gotten caught in there when I was lying on the ground," Rosemary said. Mrs. Macready just gave her a small nod and continued walking forward. Rosemary huffed knowing that she hadn't believed a word she said and threw the twig on the ground before heading inside.

Once Rosemary had washed her hands, she headed to the dining room where her grandfather was already sitting with a plate of chicken pot pie in front of him. Rosemary paused in the doorway and Professor Kirke looked up. "Rosemary, dear, come on in. I've got news to tell you," Professor Kirke said.

The girl smiled and walked over to the seat next to her grandfather. She instantly started to dig into her food while her grandfather looked at her in amusement. "Hungry?" He asked and Rosemary blushed as she nodded her head. Professor Kirke chuckled and took a bite of his own food before looking over at Rosemary.

"Now before I tell you the exciting news, let's talk about your day. Read anything interesting today?" Professor Kirke asked. Rosemary shrugged and said, "It's all interesting." Professor Kirke gave her a look and Rosemary giggled. "I read The Fellowship of the Rings," Rosemary told him.

"What is this now? The tenth time you've read that book?" Professor Kirke asked, his eyes sparkling in amusement. "Fifteenth," Rosemary corrected. "Only your fifteenth time? Are you sure it's not more than that?" Professor Kirke asked teasingly and the two chuckled.

"Very funny, Grandfather," Rosemary muttered. She took another bite of her pie and looked at the old man curiously. "So what's this news you were wanting to tell me?"

"Oh," Professor Kirke said with a smile. He placed his fork down on the table and sat up straighter as he looked over at his granddaughter. He smiled widely and asked, "How would you like it if you got to have a couple of friends around the house?"