FOREWORD

What is a ghost? Is it amisfortunedestinedrepeating itself time and time again? Is it moment of pain perhaps? Is it something departed which still seems to be alive? Is it an emotion suspended in time like a blurred photograph? There are many questions surrounding the phenomena of ghosts. Where do they come from? What are they made of?

Quote: "If spirits are actually the personalities of those who once lived and refused to cross over to the other side at the moment of death...then wouldn't these spirits reflect the turmoil of that former life? And if hauntings are the residual effects of trauma being imprinted on the atmosphere of a location then wouldn't places where terror and insanity were common place be especially prone to these hauntings?"

While the mainstream of people isskeptical of ghosts, some of us believe in their existence even though we have not yet come across them. Some people believe in ghosts because they have encountered ghosts, and when you bump intoa ghost/ghosts you are said to be haunted. Haunted has various different meanings, plus, there are several different reasons a place may be haunted. Even so some of theses hauntings are so frightening that many of the horror movies we watch on DVD or video seem like kindergarten compared to genuinereal-life hauntings that have been recordedin the past. But then there is the question that you may ask...when is a place really haunted? There are many aspects to take into consideration. It could be normal creaking sounds of floor board expanding or contracting. It could be a leaking tap dripping or even the wind causing a window to make banging noises or causing a door to slam shut. But then again there are those genuine hauntings that has no coherent explanation as to why they occur.

How many times have you watched a movie and thought to yourself, 'yeah right, I first want to see that before I believe it.' Take Stephen King's "The Shining" for example. Well, there are in realityplaces that are just as haunted. After my first read into an investigation I was so intrigued about what I read that I decided to assemble my own book about the paranormal side of life. Be cautioned though. This book is not for the faint at heart. Some of the true events in this book are absolutely hair raising and all of the stories are sustained byingenuousrecordings, which means that they are REAL. After my first research sitting I was so terrified that I had to sleep with my lights on. Creepy stuff. Well, after this ghost stories will never be the same again. I have also added a list of does and don'ts for those who are captivated in investigating hauntings or rumored hauntings themselves.

I hope this will be an interesting read to all of you. And while reading this do know that ghosts aren't out to hurt us, as I will explain later in this book. Not all ghosts are perceptible, but all of them are intimidating because we do not understand the science behind this phenomenon yet. So without further ado happy reading.