Chapter 15 - Details

Start from the beginning

"Is that a part of your job?" he asked, already aware of her answer.

She shook her head. The progress bar was now at 95%.

"That is why you have no time. Decline your boss the next time he asks you to do any irrelevant job." Arnav grumbled.

"And risk losing my job? No, thank you!"

"He is not going to fire you for declining work which you are not supposed to be doing at the first place," Arnav crossed his arms across his chest.

"I am a fresher, I have 0 experience and worse, no connections, in a market with more jobseekers than number of jobs," Khushi reasoned, "I will just have to suck it up and do whatever crap is dealt my way. I need this job. Real bad."

"Okay," he put an end to the topic of the conversation.

Khushi logged in using her employee id and password. She opened a browser and searched for the Business Summit. She sat back as the results were displayed one by one. She clicked on a youtube video by the news channel, which had broadcasted the meet last night.

The event started playing. "Tell me when you spot her. I'll pause the video."

Arnav nodded and bent forward, closer to the laptop. Khushi's body stiffened at the sudden closeness. He placed one hand on the table and the other at the back of her chair, interlocking her. His face was just above her head, and she could feel the coldness emitting from him on the exposed part of her neck and shoulder.

It reminded her of their kiss. If she turned and craned her head slightly, they would be as close as they were last night. Her heartbeat rose at the thought.

In her peripheral vision, she could see him focused on the event playing on the laptop. She wondered if he had thought about the kiss again.

"Your mind is elsewhere," he stated, abruptly.

She didn't look at him, lest he see the rising color of her cheeks. "What?" she questioned feebly.

"I can feel a change in you, around you," he explained, "I told you I can sense the aura of a person. What is it?"

Khushi was nervous now. He couldn't read her mind, thank God for that, but what if he could estimate that she was thinking about their kiss last night? That would be quite embarrassing.

"Focus on the video," she diverted the topic, thanking her stars that it worked. Arnav went back to watching the programme, without another word.

The video played for around 20 minutes when he yelled, pointing at the screen, "That's her!"

She hit pause immediately. The young woman on the screen looked a few years older than Khushi. She had a slender face and a sharp nose. She was dressed in a plain but clearly expensive cream-colored saree. There was a hint of softness in her eyes though everything about her exuded confidence.

Khushi read the name below the face- Anjali Singh Raizada.

She opened a new tab on the browser and typed the name in a search engine, hitting enter. A horde of links popped up. Khushi clicked on the first link. It was the website of the Raizada Group. They were one of the richest business families in India who mainly dealt in real estate, with some investment in pharmaceuticals and software services.

Khushi opened the next link, which was a news article. Her breath caught in her throat. "Arnav," she managed to utter, "It's about you." There was a picture of him below the headline.

Raizada Group's heir and second-in-command killed in a car accident

---------