Love From The Circus

-The Greatest Showman AU-
*A/n: Just finished watching the greatest showman, Phillip and Anne's relationship really struck a cord so now I'm imagining it as our favorite blue raspberry boi*

(Narrator's pov)
Somehow...someway...(F/n) Worthington was now the business partner of the Xavier Circus for the gifted. The decision was to good to pass up, and far to entertaining to let it slip from her fingers. (Y/n) wanted an escape from her boring everyday lifestyle in this ruthless society and in her eyes the Xavier Circus was the perfect escape.

"Come along Ms. Worthington, you mustn't dawdle. There's some special performers I'd like you to meet.", Mr. Xavier smiled as he watched the young woman examine everyone of his performers in awe.

The (e/c) eyed woman smiled and quickly jogged to catch up with her business partner. Soon they were in an upstairs balcony watching over the circus, (Y/n) watched as the crowd cheered for the brilliantly unique performers but then something caught her eye. Or should I say someone.

A very unique trapeze performer swung high enough to meet her eyes, in that moment everything seemed to stop and she found herself enchanted by the blue skinned performer with a devil's tail. His skin was beautiful, his gorgeous raven hair shined like onyx, his yellow hues bright as a sun, and his smile with cute elongated fangs shined brighter then the stage lights. Your breath was caught in the back of your throat as you took in each and every detail of his handsome face and slowly but surely time resumed like nothing. You watched as the blue performer swung back to center stage and in a puff of smoke disappeared and then reappeared in the center of the ring.

"C-Charles...w-who would that be?", you asked unable to look away from him.

"That there is Nightcrawler, he's from Germany and one of the best trapeze artists in my circus. Come, I'll introduce you.", Xavier smiled.

Soon you were both once again downstairs as performers slipped into their stage changes and continued the show, Charles smiled as Nightcrawler and Rogue made their way backstage. The blue performer smiled seeing the familiar (h/c) haired woman he locked eyes with before.

"Kurt, Rogue, meet the newest addition to our family. This is (F/n) Worthington, treat her well."

"Hallo mein frau.", Kurt smiled taking your hand and softly kissing your knuckles.

"Nice to meet you, my name's Rogue. This blue devil here is my younger brother, Kurt.", the auburn haired woman smiled.

"I apologize if my appearance scared you, frauline. I know I'm not exactly the easiest to look at.", Kurt laughed nervously scratching the back of his neck.

You giggled and flashed him a small smile, "Fear not Mr. Wagner, I was more mesmerized by your appearance then fearful."

The young raven haired mutant smiled at your kind words and you could tell from his tail wagging around that he really seemed fond of you. You smiled back and bowed politely to them both, that was night you fell in love with the circus and it all started with you falling in love with one of the performers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A year later, present day)
Yellow hues watched over your sleeping form carefully before disappearing into another room. Today was a big day for Kurt, he'd make his first appearance as the new ring master and finally get to see you preform for the first time. So much has changed the past year but with you by his side he couldn't be happier. The first time he laid his eyes on you he knew he wanted to be with you the rest of his life and even if society shunned you both the love he had for you was to powerful for him to leave. Kurt could still recall the day he finally admitted his feelings to you backstage after a performance, when your parents tried to take you away, when you were attacked by a thug because you protected one of the younger performers, even when he finally saw you cry for the first time. You were his everything, his angel from above.

"Kurt."

The blue mutant smiled as he turned towards the sleepy woman standing in the doorway. He wrapped his tall around your waist and pulled you into a tight hug, you smiled lazily when his soft blue lips pressed against your forehead. His kisses were always a great way to wake you up, (y/n) smiled and stretched in his arms. Kurt purred as her soft lips started to pepper kisses over his face and ears. The loving couple smiled and started to prepare for the very important day.  Regardless of what was to come, they would do it together.

(At the circus)
"All right everyone listen up!", Wolverine hollered getting everyone's attention.

Wolverine was always the best at getting everyone pumped up and excited for a performance. The whole group was ready for the show, everyone except Kurt. His tail drooped down against the floor and the louder the cheers the more nervous he seemed to get. He jumped to your touch as you gave him a reassuring pat on the back, Kurt was memorized by your beauty in your uniform. A gorgeous black leotard decorated with (f/c) jewels in a variety of swirls starting from your hips down. You smiled and took Kurt's hand to calm his nerve, his blue tail wrapped around your waist gently as he pressed a kiss to your lips.

"Nervous my love?", you smiled cupping your hand over his cheek.

"Very, mein engel."

You hugged your blue love tightly and whispered something small in his ear, your music started to play and with one last kiss you were on stage. Kurt watched from behind the curtain as you took your position, he gasped quietly feeling his hat be placed on his hat.

"Can't be a ring master without the whole look Elf. We'll do great tonight. Don't you worry.", Logan smirked ruffling Kurt's black and blue hair.

The gifted individuals of the Xavier Circus watched as water formed and danced around the once noble woman they had come to love. This was (y/n)'s gift and tonight with the lights dining on her she was even more gorgeous then before in Kurt's golden hues.

"The show must go on.", Kurt smiled as he adjusted his hat and ported into the middle of the stage with his (h/c) haired beauty.

This was no ordinary love, this was a rare love that no one could break, this was a love only few could understand. This was a love straight out of the circus where dreams are born and lived. Even if society turned their backs on your love, all you two ever needed was each other. The blue devil had found his Angel.