Prompt 1

( Source: https://www.oxford-royale.co.uk/articles/8-creative-writing-challenges.html

Prompt: Create a prompt from an unusual restriction
This prompt suggested describing people, and so I'm going to use this chapter to describe a character named Ophiuchus through the eyes of another one of my characters.
)

The halls bustled loudly, the students all walking without thinking about where they were going. People were chatting with their friends, holding hands with their lovers. I myself stood alone to the side wondering where the heck room 119 is. It was a small school, so I don't see why I couldn't find it. I looked through the rush of teenagers to try and find a teacher or school administrator who could guide me to my second period, but instead, I found myself looking at the prettiest boy I've yet to lay eyes on.

It's not like I haven't heard the magical stories of love at first sight: the whole swoon of a glance, the heart fluttering, and mind-numbing experience. No, see Disney was always something I fantasized about. The problem was that I never imagined I'd get to live through my own fairy tale moment. It was amazing- the first thing I saw was his eyes. One of them was a dark brown, and the other was a noticeably lighter color of that pretty brown. The next thing registered was his height. A quick guess left me thinking about six foot, which is about seven inches taller than me (and pretty hot). I watched as he made a split decision and broke away with the group he was walking with and came over to me. I took in a few more details, like his toned arms (baseball, maybe?), the grin on his face (he seems like a joker), the clothes he was wearing (basic high-school boy attire), and how over the heels I was that he was coming to talk to me.

All in all, a great experience. I was bummed out that it lasted only fifteen seconds, up until he spoke his first words to me.

"Well, you look like a complete nerd." He looked me up and down, reminding me of the Ravenclaw t-shirt I had on and the Hogwarts patterned rolling backpack I was holding onto. I frowned because, for all of the things he could have noticed about me, that's what stood out?

Rolling my eyes, I put my hand on my hip and pulled a complete sass move. "And you look like a complete as-"

"Don't get me wrong," he laughed over my insult, leaning against the wall we were standing next to. "I love Harry Potter." He looked at my shirt and tilted his head. "Although I would definitely go Gryffindor."

Great. He's basic too. "Why? Because that's where all the heroes are?" I asked, smiling sweetly and talking to him as if he were a twelve-year-old. I could see his eyes narrow as he evaluated me some more, although he still kept that little smirk that I was becoming slightly less fond of.

"Because I feel like I have to be brave if I was able to come over and ask for your name." Okay, that was good. I'll give him that. I grow my own smirk as he continues by asking for my name directly.

"Corina. You?"

"Ophiuchus." He looked at the schedule I had open in my hands. "Need me to show you where room 119 is?"

___________________

There it is! The meeting of Corina and Ophiuchus! If you have any questions or suggestions, comment below! I'm open to feedback :D

-Kaitlyn