01

The house here in Forks hasn't changed much from when I was last here, two years ago. My room is pained a stormy gray with white carpet. Dad had carpet put in my room last week, when he found that me and my older sister were moving in.

I might be sixteen, but I am a junior with my sister. I tested our of my sophomore year in Arizona, with our mother. Renée married a few months ago, to a man named Phil. Bella decided it'd be best if we moved.

A horn outside honks twice, gaining my attention. I jog over to my window, and see the Black's outside along with a rustic red truck. Jacob!

"Jacob!" I exclaim as I jump in my best friend's arms.

"Esmer!" Jacob mocks my enthusiasm as he hugs me.

"Bella. You remember Billy Black?" Dad asks, knowing I remember Billy.

"Yeah," Bella says awkwardly, "you're looking good."

"Well, I'm still dancing." Billy says with a laugh. "I'm glad you two are here. Charlie here hasn't shut up about it since Renée called and said you were coming."

"Alright, keep falling." Dad laughs. "I'll roll you into the mud."

"Not if I ram you in the ankles first." Billy jokes as he chases behind dad.

"Yeah! Bring it!" Dad exclaims.

"Hi, I'm Jacob." Jacob says to Bella. "We used to make mud pies when we were little."

"Right, no, I remember." Bella stammers.

"Are they always like this?" I ask about dad and Billy, taking the attention off a shy Bella.

"It gets worse with old age." Jacob says as he looks at Bella again

"So, what do you think?" Dad asks Bella as we walks back over.

"Of what?" Bella asks.

"Your homecoming present," Dad replies, I don't drive.

"This!?" Bella exclaims happily.

"Jus bought it off Billy here." Dad says.

"I totally rebuilt the engine for you." Jacobs as as Bella accidentally hits him with the door, an muttering a sorry.

"Told you she'd love it," dad says- wrapping an arm around me.

"I'm down with the kids." Billy smirks. "It is a shake you don't drive, Esmerelda. I have a car die you."

I jus shrug and I say, "I'm going to unpack some more."

I smile at Jacob and Bella before climbing the stairs to my room. I close my door behind me, and begin unpacking. I even lay an outfit out for tomorrow, my first day of Forks High School.

Bella and I are beginning in the middle of a semester; but we will manage. She is lucky to have such a brave, stubborn little sister. Big crowds don't really bother me as much as other people.

"Hey," I hear my older sister's voice say from my door. "Billy and Jacob left."

"Okay," I reply. "I don't know if I will like it here as well as I thought."

"Give it time;" Bella says Arthur a gentle vice. "Charlie is about to leave for work."

I nod simply before going to the bathroom, Bella is cooking some fish and potatoes for dinner. I take a fifteen minute shower, those two plane rides will help a person need one.

Bella made us both a plate, me fish and potatoes, and her just potatoes. She fried the potatoes, because we both know they're better that way. 

I scrub the skillet out Bella used for the potatoes for her, and she thanks me like ten times. Once the dishes are washed, I go to my room.

I grab ny laptop from its bag, along with its cord. I log onto my facebook account.

What's on my mind, Facebook? I just ate my first dinner at my new home, with my dad in Washington. I'm scared, I hope I like this rainy place.

I post that as my status, and log off. I faintly hear Bella in her room across the hall, she is talking to mom. Mom is probably at the batting cages with Phil, down in Jacksonville. I'm so happy for her.

I put on some pajamas before actually climbing into bed. I hope people don't bully me. My eyebrows aren't as thin as Bella's.....I'm not scared, though. Bullies are just people who are hurting in the inside. Keep moving on, and live your life to its fullest.

I smile at the thought before closing my heavy eyes, and allowing sleep to take over.

His Little Mysteryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें