I Wish Your Dad Were Good

Start from the beginning

I look over and JD was sitting in front of the couch. "Hey." I flinch. "Sorry." He scooches a little bit back. "It's okay." I grab his arm, pulling his towards me. "So, when is the court date set for?" I ask. "Friday afternoon." He looks down. "Hey. When you do go, you have two witnesses who are going to say things that'll be in your favor." I put my hand on his cheek. "Thank you." He looks up at me and pushes his lips on me. After I pull away, I scoot over. "Wanna lay with me?" I smile. "I don't want to hurt you." He says. "Please, we've slept in a smaller bed together and I was fine." I joke. He rolls his eyes and gets in the bed with me. "Night, JD." I say. "Night, Ronnie." He says back.

JD's POV

Everyone was looking at me when we got to school. They probably saw the news. I help Veronica into her wheelchair and wheel her into the building. "So, you are a killer." Heather Chandler laughs, standing at Veronica's locker. "He's not a killer." Veronica rolls her eyes. "Then why is he the defendant in a murder trial?" She asks. "It was self-defense!" I say. "Sure." She laughs again. "So," Heather looks at Veronica. "I see you didn't do what I said. And you even told your boyfriend." I pull the wheelchair back and keep going. "JD I need my books." Veronica complains. "We'll go to my locker first." I stop at my locker and get my stuff. Then when we get back to hers, Heather is gone.

At lunch, I stand outside Veronica's classroom until everyone is gone. I bring her to the cafeteria and to our table. "I'll go get us food." I tell her. "Jason, I can get it." She whines. "Veronica, I want to get it." I mock her voice. "Fine. Go." She playfully pushes me towards the lunch line. "Fine. I will." I turn away and laugh to myself.

I buy our lunches and sit down with her. She was talking to Martha. "Oh. Hi again." I say to Martha, setting down Veronica's food in front of her. "Hi. So, I have to go. I hope your legs heal alright." She smiles and walks out.

"Hello beautiful." I sit down next to Veronica. "Hello handsome." She responds. "So, um... one of my dad's friends is this big lawyer... so I wondering if you wanted me to call him." She says. "You don't have-" I start. "I really want to help you. He will too." She argues. "Really?" I really wanted it but I didn't want to seem desperate. "Yes." She smiles. "Thank you." I kiss her. "You're welcome." She says before kissing me again.

"Get a room!" Kurt yells across the cafeteria. "Shut up!" I yell back. "No!" I roll my eyes and turn back to her. "I don't deserve you." I laugh. "I think it's the other way around." She lays her head on my shoulder.

After school, I wheel her outside. "Veronica!" Heather Mac runs up beside us. "Hi." Veronica says, not looking at her. "Look. I'm sorry about the other Heathers. I had no idea Heather did that." She stands in front of Veronica. "Yet you're still with them." Veronica scoffs. "You were with them too." Heather argues. "Yeah but I quit the first day. You stuck with them. Even though you have the knowledge that she had the jocks try to kill someone." Veronica grabs my arm. "Our ride's here." I push her to the car and help her in.

"Mom, we need to grab something at Veronica's house." I tell my mom once we're in the car. "Okay." She says. "What is it?" She asks after a few minutes. I look at Veronica and she nods. "Uh... Veronica was going to have her family's lawyer friend help me." I say. "Jason, we can't ask her to do that." She argues. "No, it's okay." Veronica tells her.

When we get inside, Veronica grabs the lawyers card from a kitchen drawer and walks over to the phone. "Do you think he'll answer?" I ask. "Yeah. He loves my family." She says.

Veronica's POV

I dial the number and wait for him to answer. "Hello, this is Robert Marcus." He answers. "Hi, this is Veronica Sawyer." I say into the phone. "Oh, Veronica. Did you need something?" Robert was awfully kind. In fact, he was the only nice lawyer we knew. "My friend is going to court and I was wondering if we could set up a meeting to talk to you." I would have said boyfriend but that would be really awkward over the phone. "Sure, I'm not that busy. So... how does tomorrow at 4 sound?" I could hear him writing it dow. "Yeah, that's great."

"What did he say?" JD asks when I hang up. "Tomorrow at 4." I tell him. "That's amazing! Thank you." He kisses me. "Calm down there, still in a wheelchair." I laugh. "Oh yeah."

JD's POV

It was 3:59 P.M. We were sitting in the waiting room at Veronica's family's lawyer's office. "Veronica, you can come on in." The lawyer calls. We walk in and sit in the chairs in front of his desk. "Hi, I'm Robert." He sticks his hand out to me. "I'm J-Jason." I shake it. "So, what is this about?" He sits in his desk chair. "Uh... I..." I stumble for words. "He killed his father as an act of self-defense and the police think otherwise." Veronica explains. Thank you! "Okay, so I will look at the case files and talk to my colleagues." He starts writing in his notebook. "Okay." I say. "I will come over tomorrow after my 4 o'clock meeting. When is the court date?" He finishes and stands up. "Friday afternoon." I tell him. "Great."

"It was great meeting you Jason. I will see you tomorrow." He escorts us back into the waiting room. "Bye Robert." Veronica smiles. We walk to the car and drive off. My mom wasn't feeling well so I drove today. Court was going to be a nightmare.

Yay! That was fun! We will see if JD goes to jail or not. He is almost 18, so he'd go to adult prison. So let's cross our fingers. Bye y'all!