chap.1

I slung my duffel bag over my shoulder, taking Derrek's hand in mine. I remember when I first met him. I had just joined the army he was my first friend. There where other werewolves there to like 12 others.

(Derrek, Hailee and Frank they ran away from there pack because their parents didn't want them to be together, Shelby, Craig,Harry, Brad, Fay, Bri and Kanye they where mates, Dinah and Steven they where mates too. They all ran away just like me. We all told why we ran away, Shelby- everyone was mean to her because she was half human, Craig-he killed his alpha for killing his mate, Brad- he wanted to get chicks, Fay-she wanted some action, Harry- His parents kicked him out when he was 15,Derrek-his mate died, Bri and Kayne along with Dinah and Steven wanted to escape their pack because it was being attacked and they had no where to go. )

We all where ages between 17 and 23 I was the youngest, Derrek was the oldest. Well anyways we made a pack called Death Valley. Derrek as the alpha me the Luna he even marked me.

Wow that was all a year ago.... And now we are all going back to see our families, Derrek was coming with me. We pulled up in our black Jeep wrangler.(pix on side)(she is wearing the same oufit on the cover and her hair is the same as the cover) I jumped out of the side of the car with Derrek right beside me. I grabbed his hand. My parents had no idea I was still around I hadn't talked to them.

I knocked on the door, with Derrek's hand im mine. My mom opened the door. "Can I help you?" She said. "Mom don't you recognize me? Its Vanya" I said. She looked at me then Derrek. She started crying. My dad ran to the door. "Hey dad" I said sheepishly. He started crying also. My mom and dad where crying, Derrek gave my hand a squeeze. "I should have called I'm sorry but, I was in the army" I said they both looked at me and hugged me. A girl ran down the stairs. "Vanya!?" OMG VANYA!!VANYA!!!!" A blonde haired girl ran into me giving me a hug.

"Gabby?" I say. She was crying tears of joy. "We thought you where dead" my mom said hugging me again. "I had to run away I'll explain later" I said. "You found your mate I see, I can tell by the way you two look at each other" My dad said looking at us.

"Well I have alot to explain can I sit down and talk with you guys?" I said. They let me come in. We walked into my dads office, shutting the door. I sat down with Derrek.

While my mom and dad along with Gabby sat on another couch. I started from the night off the party, I told them about how Damien rejected me, about how I ran away, about how I joined the army and how I found Derrek who's mate was dead, and about how we made our pack and that I'm now a Luna. By the end they where crying again Derrek hugged me and pulled me close.

"How could he?" Gabby said. "Well Derrek you are her knight in shining armor! And I will treat you as her mate always!" She jumped on him hugging the life out of him while he akwardly patted her back. I giggled slightly. "Mom I was hoping if we could stay here for a week or two before we go visit Derrek's family?" I asked. "Oh honey stay ad long as you want!" She replied. Derrek grabbed my hand in his and I leaned on his shoulder. Man I was whipped, I was truly in love...