Prologue

© LandShark/Creator of this account

Copyright:

All of my works are Copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents acts of 1988. This includes all chapters, prologue/epilogue and associated content. Any unauthorized plagiarism, broadcasting, manipulation, and distribution/selling this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable to the full extent of law.

Legal penalties include but are not limited to:

- A fine between $200 and $150,000 for each work infringed

-Infringer pays all attorneys and court costs

-Court may issue an injunction to stop the infringing acts

-Court may impound illegal works

-Infringer can go to jail

Misdirected: Prologue

His dark eyes were wide with horror, yet his mouth had curled up into a satisfied smile. There was no remorse on his face. He kicked the limp body, now sprawled beneath him, with menacing pride. I glanced around nervously, trying to look for an escape, but to no avail. I was surrounded by brick walls that rose at least fifty feet. The only way out was through an opening in a wired fence located behind him.

"You're next." He pointed his gun in my direction. He wore what looked to be a designer suit, a rolex, and shiny leather shoes. His black hair was combed neatly to one side. He didn't exactly strike me as the type to hang around the slums of Chicago, let alone commit homicide.  I put my hands in the air as a gesture of withdrawal, when he suddenly veered his head to the left.

"Well would you listen to that..." he let out a dark chuckle. Sirens. It was only a matter of time before the police found us. I stiffened as panic began to take over. Would they recognize me? I would rather die than go to prison. Before I had a chance to say or do anything, the man shot himself. I dashed for the opening in the fence, when I heard a voice. I looked up at the dark sky to find a helicopter with a ladder hanging out of it. Looking more closely, I spotted a man on the ladder.

"Stop!" I heard him yell through a cone speaker. The man  seemed to be  wearing a SWAT uniform. Without a second's thought, I began running again, only to come to a halt once I reached an open street. Police cars surrounded me as the sound of sirens blasted my ears. I looked around frantically, hoping to find something to help me out of this. The police were inching closer.

"Put your hands where we can see them!" One of the cops yelled. I couldn't tell which because the headlights blurred my vision. I stepped back, then spotted a motorcycle located around one-hundred meters to my left. I didn't have time to think anything through. Instead, I shoved a cop out of my way as I bolted toward the motorcycle. For a second, they were too shocked to pursue me. I spotted the starter wire on the motorcycle, igniting it while I bypassed the security feature of the key starter, successfully hot-wiring the motor bike. 

"What the--" The engine wasn't working. I wouldn't have another chance to escape. The cops had already caught up with me. Reluctantly, I put my hands behind my head as one of the policemen handcuffed my wrists.

"You are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."