The Lightwood Family...And Alec

Through the years that Alec had grown up in, he always had a strong relationship with his mother and his little siblings. Though his father was the one that was strained and no matter how hard he tried Alec just couldn't bind with him. He always thought that it was because of their banishment from Idris, but something in his mind just knew that it was something else. Alec would just have to learn how to deal with it, but it did break his heart to see him favor his little sister, Isabelle, his adoptive brother, Jace, and his littlest brother, Max, but all of his siblings loved him very much. None of the siblings liked their father, because of the way he treated Alec but that just made Robert hate Alec even more. When that usually happened, that's when his demon mark would show and Robert would pull out a weapon just ready to kill Alec. Maryse saw the tension that was growing, and she decided to get a divorce but Alec didn't want his own mother to get rid of her husband just because of him.

Maryse: Alec, it's going to be fine.

Alec: No it's not, Mom please don't divorce dad.

Maryse: Alec, sweetie, you may think this is your fault but it's not. Your father...

Alec: Just doesn't understand, I know, you've told me that so many times. When will he understand, mom, when?

Maryse: I've been trying to talk with him, Alec, but he won't listen.

Alec knew that this was hopeless and that his father would never love or even like him. All he would be was a shadow of the family. The children never knew why Robert hates Alec so much, but they had to find out so Alec could try to make things right. The problem was that Maryse never told Alec that he was born with demon blood, she never told anyone about it. The only people who knew was Robert and Valentine. Maryse didn't want to tell Alec because she didn't want Alec to think he was a monster like Robert called him. That wasn't until one night when Robert yelled at Isabelle for trying to make her stay out of what Alec and he were arguing about.

Alec: DON'T YELL AT IZZY LIKE THAT!!!!

That's when Alec's demon mark had shown, and Izzy saw the whole thing.

Izzy: Alec, you're eyes!

Alec turned around to a mirror that was behind him, and he saw black eyes that covered his blue eyes.

Alec: W-What!

Robert: I knew your mother would never tell you this, so I will. You, Alexander, have and always will be a monster!

Those words hit Alec like a bunch of arrows had struck his heart. Maryse had entered the room and saw all that happened.

Maryse: Robert!

Robert: Don't look at me, look at him!

Alec ran out of the room and was about to get out of the Institute until his sister stopped him.

Izzy: Alec don't!

Alec: I'm a monster!

Izzy: You're not, Dad is just being a stupid person who doesn't see the person for who you are.

Alec: I'm.....I don't know what to say.

Izzy: Hey, we're going to get through this. I'll help you control....whatever this is.

Alec: Really?

Izzy: I promise, and we can get Jace and Max in on this too.

Alec: If they accept me.

Jace: I'm in.

Alec and Izzy looked up to see Jace standing behind them.

Alec: Jace.

Jace: I heard every word from beginning to end, and Alec you are going to get through this. Remember our rule, three go in three come out.