She let out a small laugh, “yeah I guess,”

“Okay, so tell me, is it a normal routine for you to punch people early in the morning?” I teased.

She scowled at me and left the bed to go to the washroom. Meanwhile, I thought of checking my phone to see who it was that was calling me continuously. I took my phone out of my jeans pockets and flipped it open. It was still ringing.

I picked it up, saying hello into the speaker.

“Is this Christopher Reese?” Someone drawled on the other end, in a heavily accented voice.

“Yes, who’s speaking?” I said grimly.

“Mr. Reese, I am Marcus, my boss wants to have a deal with you,” the person on the phone drawled.

“What kind of a deal?”

“Oh! It’s a deal from which you will gain a lot, but it is something you have never done before,”

“What is it?” I asked, in a businesslike tone.

“I can’t tell you that, my boss has asked me to set up a meeting with you. If you are willing to discuss the matter, come to the Hotel Bluebird, tonight at 8:00,”

“Who is your boss?”

“You will know that tonight, I can just tell you that you will be glad to see him.”

“Fine, I’ll come, but that does not mean I am agreeing to the deal. I want the details first,” I responded.

“Yes, of course Mr. Reese,” Marcus drawled out again, before disconnecting the call.

I ran a hand through my hair and cracked my neck; I would have to meet the boys to make some plans for tonight.

“Do you want some coffee?” Crystal asked coming out of the washroom, wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. Her hair was wrapped up in a towel.

I ran my eyes from her head to her toes and gave a cheeky grin, “Does the FBI allow that outfit, if not it should, all your un-subs will willingly surrender themselves,”

She let out a hearty laugh, “No, they don’t allow, although if it would make Reese surrender I will happily go to work wearing a bikini,”

My lips twitched as I tried to control the smile that was ready to spread out on my face.

“You could try the bikini stuff on me you know, if it works on me it would definitely work on Reese,” I grinned cockily.

She stuck out her tongue at me and mouthed some choice words under her breath which only made me grin wider. She went into the kitchen; me following close behind, and switched on the coffee maker. I hovered above her looking down at what she was doing.

“Go and sit down, don’t hover behind me,” she groaned.

“I like it here,”

“You are annoying,” she glowered at me.

“Yeah, so I have been told,” I smirked.

She stopped in the middle of a retort and got busy making a sandwich. It was an uncomfortable silence; in order to fill it up I started with small talk.

“How are your parents?” I asked.

No answer, she just continued with her work silently.

“Crystal? Is something wrong?”

She turned around to face me, her expression pained.

“They died in a car accident two years ago,” she said, her voice choked.

TILL DEATH DO US APART (Watty Awards 2012)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें