Lady Cathenerine & Sir Saidrick

Chapter.1

            Long ago in ancient England lived a king that wanted to help the poor. King Charles saw how commoners lived in his village and he wanted to help their cause; by giving them food, and make sure that they had clean clothes, and shoes. King Charles thought that and embarrassment on his people was an embarrassment on himself; therefore; he made sure all the people had a basic education. The rich lords of Riverdale did not take to well to their servants becoming smart, so they planned to revolt against the king by using the king power hungry son, Tristan against him.

                The next day, the lords called a meeting with Prince Tristan. “Prince Tristan, how have you been my lord?”

“Fine, but can we get on with this; we both know you didn’t call me here to talk about my health.”

“Very well then, we have a problem.”                                           

“The commoners are revolting against us; they want to be paid more for their work, and they want better working conditions.”

“And you find this a problem, all I see is you having to pay your servants what they deserve.”

“But your throne, Prince Tristan is in trouble; think about it. Who do you think they will come after next, and what outrageous thing they will ask for?”

“Please stop your father from schooling those dogs, and when you do all the lords and knights of this land will pledge their sword to you.”

 “Well my lords I believe you have just made me a deal I can’t refuse, your problem will be solved.”

                Coming out of the meeting Tristan was stressed, knowing he needed the power the lords had offered, but he didn’t know how he was going to get it. Because, he knew his father would never stop his plan to make every man equal in his kingdom, which was a foolish plan in his opinion. But, Tristan knew King Charles wouldn’t stop his plan until he died. And therefore it was, his plan became born since his father wouldn’t stop his plan he would just have to die.

 Later that afternoon, Tristan spotted his step mother, Queen Grace, and half sister, Lady Catherine; “you ladies look very beautiful this afternoon.”

“Thank you, Tristan.”

 “Queen Grace would you like to join me on a walk throw the garden.”

 “I would love to, you are my only son.”  “

That I ‘am indeed, my lady.”

 “O, Catherine would you like to join me, and your mother for a walk?”

“No, maybe some other time I have to go see Saidrick off.”

 “Where is he off to?”

 “Saidrick going to help the villagers in Crows-Fall slay the dragon, that’s ravaging their town.” “Well may god be with him, and bring him home to his wife.” 

“Thank you, brother.” As Catherine walked off, Tristan and Grace begin walking towards the huge colorful garden. As soon as they were covered by the oak the trees Queen Grace began to pour open her heart. “I’ve missed you Tristan.” “O, tell me you’ve missed me to.”

“You know I have darling, but it’s hard for me to keep sneaking around my father’s back like this.”

“I can’t, this kingdom is my responsibility.”

 “No, Tristan your responsibility is to your heart.” 

“I know my love we will be together all you have to do is kill my father; your husband and I’ll be king, and all will be well I promise Grace.”

 “Look, look at me had I ever lied to you my dear; now take this dagger, and stab him in his heart while he’s sleep.”

“Then run into your room, and let the maid find him in the morning.”

“Okay, my lord, taking the silver dagger and putting in her pocket.” “After, it’s all done when will I see you Tristan?”

“I don’t know, but whatever you do don’t come try to find me.” “

Okay, we need to keep a low profile my dear.” Before, turning to make a graceful leave, Tristan gave Grace a soft lingering kiss; that she felt to the tips of her toes.

                Meanwhile, Tristan had plans to make sure that Saidrick never reached Crows-Fall.