First Day

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. It read 6:30 AM. I groaned, it was the first day of school. And MAN, do I not want to go! But I knew I had to get up and take a shower, because my best friend, Rose Evermore, would be here at 7 to get ready together. I'm Rayne Smith, by the way. Rayne like the rain outside. Rose and I are now Juniors in high school. We're 17, but she's older by 2 months. I have green eyes and golden blonde hair that goes down to my elbows. Oh and really fair skin. So I'm not like other girls at school. I can't tan, so I'm not tan like everyone else. Rose on the other hand..she has hazel eyes, black hair with dyed-in neon green highlights in her bangs. She, unlike me, can tan. So she has tan skin. While I was shy and quiet, Rose was loud and never shy. She was always talking to someone and meeting new people whenever we were at a party or something. I sleepily got out of bed and walked across the hall into the bathroom my younger sister, Aubrey, and I share. She's 15 years old and practically my twin. But she inhereted mom's skin. She can tan along with mom, while dad and I are inside trying not to get a sunburn. I locked the door behind me and took all of my clothes off, turning the shower on and getting into it. The hot water felt so nice on my cold skin. I didn't want to ever leave the shower.

"Rayne hurry up!" My sister was banging on the door, making me hurry up.

I groaned, quickly rinsing the soap out of my hair and starting on my body.

"I'd just gotten in!" I yelled back.

"Well hurry up! I need to get ready too!"

I'd do what I'd done last year and be slow about it, but since Rose will be here soon, I can't screw around and make Aubrey mad. After about 5 minutes I was done with shaving and washing my body off. I turned the water off and got out, wrapping a towel around my hair and another around my body. I put my slippers back on and walked back into my room.

"Took you long enough," Aubrey said as she passed by me.

"Oh it was just 5 minutes, calm down."

"It's my first day of high school and I want to look good!"

"For who?"

"There's more guys in high school than there is in middle school. I want to impress all of the guys."

I rolled my eyes and let out a little mocking laugh. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't see any upperclassmen wanting you. Especially for you. You'll go in there dressed all 'hot' and they'll just see you as a hot piece of ass and use you."

"Oh, so you're a guy expert now?"

"No, I just know guys at my school better than you."

"Yeah, whatever." She walked into the bathroom and practically slammed the door.

I rolled my eyes and went to my room, shutting the door and changing into a worn pair of cut up jeans and a pink low cut top with a black tank top under it. I dried my hair off with my towel and put some gel in it. I sat down in front of my vanity and blew my hair dry with the blow dryer.

"Goodmorning Rayne," my mom had opened my door and was standing in the doorway.

I turned off my blow dryer and set it down. "Goodmorning mom."

"You know, I really don't like what you said to Aubrey."

"But mom, it's the truth. All of the guys at school are jerks and they'll only hurt her."

"It may be the truth, but it still hurt her. You should've been more nice about it."

"She was complaining about me being in the shower when I'd just gotten in there. And she acts like she doesn't hog it all morning anyways. I can only be in there when I wake up to shower and go to the bathroom. That's it."