Chapter 18: The Idiot that is Sirius

"Don't tell a girl with fire in her veins and hurricane bones what she should and shouldn't do. In the blink of an eye, she will shatter that ridiculous cage you attempted to build around her beautiful Bohemian spirit." ~Melody Lee

The first thing that most people notice about Marlene is her eyes. They are not the kind of eyes that most poems are written about, but they are beautiful nonetheless. They are a pale, pale blue, that could be likened to icebergs if not for the warmth that always seeps through them. That warmth drew you in, captivating you, and then you noticed her other features. Her sun kissed skin, blonde ringlets, straight white teeth, and long legs. But it was her eyes that got the boys. And they were what Sirius loved most about her, if he had to choose something. At the moment though, they weren't expressing the same warmth that he had always known, and they were locked into his eyes. Marlene was sitting on his lap, facing him, arms crossed. "What do you mean, "No"?" Sirius stared back at her, not blinking. "No. That's exactly what I mean." Marlene's lower lip jutted out in a pout. "But, why?" He sighed, bringing his hand up to brush his thumb over her lip. "Because. I honestly don't want to embarrass myself in front of them." Marlene's hair fell over her shoulder. "Well, you have a while to decide." Sirius nodded, wrapping her hair around his hand. She smiled, reaching her hand up to play with the tips of his ear length black hair. And then her back was pressed into the seat of the compartment, and the warmth of her eyes shot a spark into Sirius' chest. He leaned down slowly, kissing her nose, her forehead, her cheeks, and then, finally, while she was laughing, he gently covered her lips with his own. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and she kissed him back, not noticing the opening of their compartment door. "Shield your eyes!!" Sirius jumped apart from her, glaring at his friend. "Really, James?" He grinned cheekily, flopping down near Marlene. Sirius sat down, grabbing Marlene and settling her on his lap. She gave him a look, before leaning back into his chest and beginning to talk animatedly to Lily, who had walked in with the rest of the Marauders. Sirius smiled at his girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her waist. All of a sudden, the train lurched forward, and then stopped. Marlene flew out of Sirius' arms, hitting her head on the door. Sirius was beside her in an instant, and once he had established that she was okay, he brought her back to their seat. Everyone jumped when the compartment door opened, and a death eater leered at them. They reached for their wands, only to be stopped. "Tut tut. Three blood traitors, two half bloods, and a mud blood. What to do?" He twirled his wand in his fingers, then pointed it at Lily. "Let's start with you." Marlene and James both jumped up, covering Lily. "NO!" The death eater grinned, and fired a spell anyway. Sirius reacted, leaping to grab either Marlene or the wand. His fingers linked with Marlene's as the spell hit him. A scream tore out of Marlene's throat, and she broke the spell that kept her from grabbing her wand. She fired spell after spell, until the death eater finally passed out. Collapsing beside Sirius, she pounded his chest with her fists. "You idiot! I told you I didn't need saving!"