my gram could be better. she got diagnosed a few months back with the same lung cancer that killed my gramp. doctors only predict three more months. zayn's offered to take me and georgia in when she passes but i refuse to even think about that. we'll cross that bridge when we arrive to it.

quilts is still up and running, bills are obviously still a problem, and no doubt we'll have to shut her down when gram...yeah..it'll be hard moving on from here. i've had so many great memories in this coffee shop, met so many amazing people and damn did i ever bake some fan-fucking-tastic croissants.

georgia...she's alright. actually, she's more than alright. her eighth birthday was last week, her party only being today for school and work reasons. she's finally starting to come out of her shell and become her own person and for that i'm grateful.

and harry. ah, good ol' harry. my harry. what can i say about him? he's still his old goofball self, just more open now. not to everyone, but we're getting there. and yes, he still takes his coffee black because he's a stubborn little bastard.

georgia's party isn't much. we invited a few of her friends to quilts; having the day off since it's a saturday. georgia also insisted we invite harry and niall, for she grew quite close to them and their daily visits (niall had started joining harry almost every other day). of course zayn was invited too, their bond still being strong as ever. so far the tan boy was the only one yet to arrive.

"belle! belle, zayn's here!" georgia squealed and ran to the door, her two friends following after her in excitement.

zayn was very big with the younger ones, they all thought he was the coolest thing; which i simply don't understand. he's just a big nerd at heart.

"hmm, guys have you seen georgia anywhere?" he asked, looking all around the shop even though the eight year old was hugging his legs tightly.

"i'm right here silly!" she giggled out.

zayn fake gasped. "oh my, there you are!"

he scooped her up and hugged her tightly, blowing a big raspberry on her cheek.

"i almost didn't recognize you and your eight year oldness!"

i smiled fondly at the two of them as zayn put her back down so she could run off with her friends again. no doubt trying to sneak a peek at one of her presents.

the coffee shop was empty almost. niall and harry were leaning against a table, quietly talking to each other. the girls were running around the bake kitchen, their giggles being heard from out here. gram was upstairs resting no doubt in bed watching old reruns of family feud. 

i almost didn't even feel the familiar arms wrap around my waist from behind at first. i hummed and leaned back against his chest, breathing in his well known scent (cinnamon in case you were wondering, presumably from baking).

"i missed you," he mumbled, kissing behind my ear.

"you just saw me yesterday you dope." i laughed and turned around so i could face him properly.

"doesn't mean i can't miss you still."

before i could properly answer his lips were on mine and i was kissing him back softly. my arms wrapped around his neck and started playing with the short, freshly cut hair on the back of his neck. his arms snaked around my waist, trying to pull me closer.

i pulled away a bit early for his liking and smiled up at him, blushing slightly. our foreheads rested against each others and i bit my lip.

"i love you zayn."

---

harry ;

seeing her with him stings. 

i'm not gonna play it off like "oh i'm happy for her! if she's happy, i'm happy!" because that's a big load of bull.

i could have just lied, said that me and belle got together and had our happily ever after. but sadly that's not how life works. you don't always get what you want. fuck, you never really do unless you're one of the lucky ones.

so as i stand here at her little sister's birthday party with niall, both of us looking at the same sight, i feel like complete and utter shit. i know ni feels the same as me too, i''ve spent countless nights holding him while he cries himself to sleep.

but i guess that's what happens in life. maybe this will all come back and help us. teach us to fall for the right people. no, i shouldn't say that. belle was the right person.

just not for me.

i barely catch it and i'm not quite sure if it's addressed to zayn or more to himself but nonetheless niall mumbles quietly.

"it seems a little sad that i was the boy whose only purpose was to help you find out who you're really in love with."

and niall, i agree with you one-hundred percent.

FIN.

---

holy fuck what did i just write