"Maybe grapes? That's the generic purple flavour, right?"

"You're right." I chuckled and nodded, moving closer to the counter.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The lady behind the counter asked.

"Can I get one of each flavour, please? And a large lemonade," Jade said before I could speak and she was already pulling some cash from her pocket with her free hand.

"Sure thing, sweetheart, just a moment," the lady said with a smile and took the cash before handing Jade some change and three bags of the cotton candy.

We stepped out of the way so someone else could order while we waited for the lemonade to be made.

"You didn't have to buy it all," I said with a small pout.

"Relax, would you? Let me treat you like you deserve," she said softly and handed me the bag of purple cotton-candy while she slipped the other two into her purse that was slung over her shoulder.

I smiled, opening the bag, pulling a small chunk free from the sugar cloud and popped it into my mouth while Jade removed her arm from my waist, thanking the lady as she was handed the large Styrofoam cup of lemonade.

Jade moved to my other side as we stepped away from the area and her free arm slid around my waist. I picked some more of the purple cloud and brought it up to her lips, smiling when she opened her mouth without hesitation before she licked my finger and thumb clean.

"That's fucking horrible," she said after a moment and sipped on the lemonade before bringing the straw up to my lips so I could have a drink too.

"You're wrong, it's delicious," I said and grinned as we continued our way around the large show-ground.

I looked over at Jade as we saw a man in the far corner with a mask on, like a doctor from the Assassins Creed games- Jade got me addicted, don't ask -and her smile grew.

We made our way over to the man, and he tilted his head as he saw us, bowing dramatically -like a royal bowing that you see a prince do in movies- one arm extended as he held his other hand over his chest.

I giggled, rolling the cotton-candy bag up quickly and shoving it into my own bag before grabbing the lemonade and pushing Jade closer with my free hand.

I pulled my phone out, and they posed, backs pressed together, the 'doctors' arms crossed over his chest, his head turned slightly, so his mask was visible in the shot, and Jade just smiled brightly as she folded her arms also.

I snapped the photo before nodding at the man who only bowed his head towards me while Jade grabbed my phone and the drink, nudging me closer to him.

I thought for a second before pointing to the ground and telling him what I was planning for the photo.

He nodded, and I dropped down to the ground crossing my hands over my chest.

He crouched down over me, one of his hands resting on mine while the other rested on his own chest. And somehow, even with the mask on, he made it look sorrowful. So I closed my eyes while Jade snapped the picture before I got up, grinning widely.

"Thank you so much," I said to him, and he only nodded.

Jade handed me my bag when I got back to her side, and I slipped it over my shoulder looking at the photo she took with a smile.

We walked around for a while, watching as kids and adults were fighting with wooden swords.

A canon was let off at the other end of the grounds, both of us could hear the echo, and it gained our attention. So we made our way down towards the group that was ready to watch another one get set off when I pulled up to a stop, Jade getting tripped up by my sudden braking and she fell back into me.