II

√EDITED
Chapter 2: Lady in white

Jailey Ivhanna Forestine Alexandra F. Ballcry, that's her name. You can call her Jailey. First born of Mr. and Mrs. Ballcry.

*Kibibibap kibububip kibababap kibip kibip*

Jailey woke up from the sound of her alarm. It's monday morning, and she is set to go to school. Narito na naman ang bidang bidang introduce yourself. Ofcourse, it's the eleventh day of June, the first day of school, and also a week before her 18th birthday.

She's a bit reluctant to go to school though. Nakakasawa naman na kasi mag introduce yourself e pare-parehong mukha lang naman ang nakikita nya every year. The disadvantage of being in a crack section. Actually, dapat ay college na talaga sya but due to the trauma inflicted by losing her parents, she skipped two years of class kaya naman ngayon ay 4th year high school pa lamang sya. It's okay though. Mayroon rin namang kaedad nya na mga kaklase nya.

"Lola", she called out to her grandma sitting by a rocking chair while reading newspaper. This is the usual scenario every morning. "Oh", pansin nito sa kanya.

She slightly tilted her head and pouted, acting cute. This always works on her grandmother. She likes her acting cute and all that, and she got used to doing it whenever she's hungry.

Grandma chuckled, "Breakfast is on the table" she said.

Agad namang nasiyahan si Jailey sa narinig niyang iyon. Dali itong nagtungo sa kusina at naroon nga sa table nakahain ang pagkain. She ate to her heart's content.

After eating she started to get ready for school. It's currently 6:30 in the morning and her class would start at 7:15 ngunit heto pa siya at hindi pa naliligo. She sighed and forced herself to take a bath. She's not a morning person at hindi pa sya ready sa pasukan. Bakit naman kasi dalawang buwan lang ang bakasyon. Hindi ba pwedeng 3 months or half a year tapos half a year din ang klase? Diba, para balance?

Anyway, after she finished her rituals, she kissed her grandma goodbye and gently patted herself. Don't be lazy, self. It's not like your classmates are gonna eat you.

But your laziness is already eating you though

Shut up!

Nagpahatid na sya sa kanilang family driver. While on the way to school, napakatraffic kaya naman they took the other way para naman hindi sila mastuck sa traffic. Along the way, she just stared at her window while listening to the music through her earphone. She loves opm music kaya naman ito madalas ang tugtog na pinakikinggan nya.

Saglit na huminto ang kaniyang sinasakyan nang maabutan sila ng red light. Hindi sinasadya na masanggi ng mata nya ang isang matanda na tila hirap sa pagtawid. She looked at the countdown and it's still thirty second before the go signal kaya dahil wala naman masyadong sasakyan at sa gilid ng kalsada nakahinto ang sasakyan, bumaba muna sya sandali uoang tulungan ito.

"Hello po, lola. Tulungan ko na po kayo." suhestiyon niya.

Ngumiti naman ito at saka tumugon, "Aba'y maraming salamat iha"

She gently held the old woman's hand at kinuha ang iba nitong dala, and guided her while crossing the street.

"Maraming salamat iha", pagpapasalamat nito. Matapos ay mayroon itong kinuha sa bulsa ng kanyang suot na palda at inilahad sa kanya. "Dahil nakita narin naman kita ay tanggapin mo na itong sulat. Subalit iha, buksan mo lamang ito sa pagsapit ng ikalabingwalo mong kaarawan. At heto, tanggapin mo ang butong ito, paniguradong makatutulong ito sayo"

Tinanggap naman ni Jailey ang binigay ng matanda bilang paggalang rito bagama't hindi niya maintindihan kung ano ang nais na ipahiwatig nito. "Oh siya, paalam na"

Matapos nitong magpaalam ay tumalikod na ito at naglakad paalis. Jailey remained staring at the small envelope and a seed on her hand. The envelope looked like a simple letter, however, she could feel a faint spiritual fluctuations on the seed. It is definitely not a normal seed. She wanted to ask the old lady what kind of seed it is but she couldn't see her figure anymore. That's weird.

She clutch the seed on her hand and place it inside the envelope. She won't read the letter yet, even though she's curious, she knows how to wait. Agad na rin syang bumalik sa sasakyan.

They reach the school in a few minutes. It's currently 7:10 at limang minuto na lamang at malelate na sya kaya patakbong tinungo nya ang sectiom na kinabibilangan nya.

Humahangos syang nakarating sa silid. Mabuti na lamang at wala pang guro. Masamang first impression naman kung naturingan kang kabilang sa crack section pero late ka sa unang araw ng pasukan at may record ka na agad sa tardiness.

Ince she entered the room, a fair hand held her own and pulled her to a corner. "Hey, how's your vacation? Muntik ka nang malate ha?" It was Alice Maniego, one of her human best friends along with Romina Gomzales. She mentally call them human bestfriends because they're human, she's not.

"T'was fine. I went to Surigao to experience their tinuy-an falls, bogac cold spring, and enchanted river, then I went to Siargao, Cebu, and Davao. So, yeah. I enjoyed it. Didn't you see my instgram? I posted the locations afaicr."

Alice shrugged. "My mom literally confiscated my phone the whole summer because she caught me kissing a guy in a bar in Davao. We should've met there but it was my first day when she caught me so.."

Napanganga si Jailey sa sagot nito. "You mean, you were making out with a guy? Alice you're dirty"

"Mukha mo dirty. We were only kissing, okay? Hindi naman 'yon lalagpas pa doon. I know how to control myself at isa pa, para lang 'to sa mapapangasawa ko ano!" depensa naman ni Alice.

Romina, who overheard Jailey's remark and Alice's defense laugh loudly. "You dirty chiken, you were punished unjustly!"

Lumiwanag ang mukha ni Alice sa sinabi ni Romina. Mabuti nalang talaga at may kaibigan syang Romina. "She should've spanked you and grounded you at home, wild girl."

"You rude serpent I'm gonna cut your fangs if you keep spitting venom!"

"Oh? Is your mouth in your ass, coz you keep spitting shit"

Jailey could only sigh. Ganito madalas ang eksena tuwing umaga. With Romina and Alice, she would never have a moment of silence every morning. Hindi nga nya alam kung paano nya naging kaibigan ang mga ito.

Natigil lamang sa pagbabangayan ang dalawa nang pumasok na ang guro, and the moment the trio saw their new teacher, they almost drooled all over the table. Holy! That's onehell ova gorgeous specimen ever alive.

"A new instructor?" Romina whisphered.

"Probably. Damn, I wonder how many inches does that commando have" Obviously, it was Alice. Two pairs of glaring eyes shot her that made her shivered. "What?"

"Alice, you're dirty".

******
Jailey (Jey-li)
Ivhanna (Ay-vana)
Forestine (Forestin)
Alexandra (Alexandra)
Ballcry (Bol-kri)

afaicr - as far as i can remember