Chapter 2

The next morning you hear a loud honk. "Phoebe!" your dad yells. You run down the stairs with your last packed stuff into your backpack. You just bought it new, it is black with a silver zipper. You throw yourself into your fathers arms into a big hug. "Bye dad" you whisper, trying to hold back the tears but that did not work out. You're a really emotional person. "You'll be fine" he says while he holds you tight "you'll even come back as a stronger woman, you'll see" he looks you into your eyes and places a kiss on your forehead.

You hug your mom, still crying, and finish with your big brother. "Hey, come here" he says while he grabs your arm and into a hug. "I'll see you into two weeks little one." You let go and smile. "And remember, call me if something happens, I'll be there" he says smiling. "So do we darling" your mom says, "Now go."

You open the door and you see Meghan's dad's car. She runs out of the car into a hug. "Hey, girl, are you ready" she says. "Definitely." "Hi, mister and misses Conner" you say when you step into the car and your dad puts your luggage in the back. You wave goodbye to your family and can feel the tears filling up your eyes. When Meghan's dad starts the car, you can see your dad's eyes tear up. That made your tears fall down. Meghan rubs your back "Hey, we're gonna have a great time." "I know" you say "I just don't like goodbyes." The car trip takes forever. Meghan's parents even booked a hotel for the night when they dropped you off.

"Almost there" you here mister Conner saying while you wake up. You look around. You can see trees everywhere. You ride road off now. You notice that you're in the middle of nowhere. In the distance you see little wooden cabins and on your left a big lake. The car stops at the beginning of the camp. You step out of the car and see al kind of different cabins and loads of people arriving. You grab your luggage and say goodbye to mister en misses Conner. "Let's go" Meghan says.

A woman of the camp comes towards you. She is wearing a bright red shirt and red sweater is hanging around her shoulders. A label on het chest says 'Summer camp 2018'. "Hi, girls, welcome, you see that big wooden cabin over there?" she says "That's the restaurant and where we all will gather around. Please tell your names there, so they can mark it." You thank her and throw your backpack on your back again. "Hmpf" you lift up your luggage. "Hey, let me help you" you hear a voice, trying to get it.