Levi x reader Lemon

Knock knock. 

“Come in,” called Levi in his typically monotone voice. You took a deep breath before entering his office.

"Paperwork from Hanji,” you said with a barely audible shake in your voice. 

You kept your eyes on the desk instead of looking directly at Levi’s face. However, you noticed he wasn't wearing his gear or his cape, a sight that forced you to close your eyes and try to suppress a trembling gasp. You rested your back against the door after closing it. Fucking christ - the way his toned arms stretched the white fabric of his perfectly ironed sleeves and how his pectoral muscles threatened to send the buttons flying off his shirt - you bit your lip in tormented frustration. 

You walked up to his desk and placed the papers beside him. He took a glance at them, clenched his jaw and rolled his eyes.

“{F/n}, I need your assistance with this shit. Four-eyes obviously has no goddamn idea how little time I have for her worthless experiments," Levi said in agitation.

“Yes, sir." You took the papers and set yourself up on the floor. Levi stopped and looked down at you. 

"Pull up a chair and work at the desk, moron. The floor is disgusting," he ordered. Your heartbeat quickened. You didn't respond, but you picked up the papers and set them at the opposite side of his desk. You noticed a chair in the corner of the room, picked it up (you would be dead if you created any scratches by dragging it), and put it down by the desk. You took a seat.

The desk was pretty wide, but you were facing Levi, and the both of you leaning over to focus on work made the space between you very thin. 

'Focus' was actually an overstatement. You couldn't muster a single bit of concentration with Levi sitting right in front of you. Usually, you were pretty chill around him. But recently, you noticed how much you actually liked him - and ever since you came to the realization, you couldn't stop feeling nervous. 

You closed your eyes and breathed in deeply. That was a mistake.

He smelled so fucking amazing. The scent of something fresh - like a humid forest at night - invaded your senses. He also had some kind of masculine aura that surrounded him. It was like you could feel the male-ness resonating toward you.  

He had his jet black hair bundled up in his fingers while simultaneously resting the weight of his head on his palm, and a low sigh from his lips sent vibrations that resonated throughout your body. His eyebrows were relaxed instead of being pulled down in his usual scowl, but you could tell he was more stressed out than usual. 

You took a minute to harness the unwanted thoughts inhabiting your mind, and began to speed through Hanji's experiment papers. All you really had to do was make sure all the information was up to date and accurate, but you could see how something like this would just contribute to Levi's anxiousness. You finished within the hour.

"Captain?" you asked softly.

"Hmm?" he responded.

"I'm finished. Do you need help with anything else?"

Levi stopped and looked up to you. You were a bit too tired to feel nervous anymore, so you just softened your eyes at him. 

"Just get some rest, {F/n}."

~

As you walked back to your room, you kept thinking of Levi. You knew he'd hate it if you pitied him, but you did feel bad that he was so stressed out. You turned around and walked to the kitchen, pulling Levi's favorite tea leaves out from the cabinet and making his tea just how he liked it.