Story Time~

a/n; I write blurbs of cute stuff in storybook-bedtime story form sometimes, so why not post them?

------- Princess and Her Charming-------

There once was a princess who felt alone in her castle, she Picking up my message riddled phone I call her.

"Where are you? Didn't the day-care center close like, an hour ago?"

"I'm still at work cleaning up. Also I need to call a parent who didn't pick their kid up," I lie.

Sarcasm practically drips from her voice, "And does this kid happen to like to play my Fall Out Boy CDs loudly?"

I stutter, "I-I-I- Yes? I mean. I- You'll understand later," panic fills me up and I hang up.

God damn (D) it.

Rushing to the gazebo by the lake I had reserved in secret I plot what may just kill me to try and get her here.

I look at the sky and do the math. Hurry before it gets time for the sunset.

How ridiculous I must look, an overweight girl carrying a small table and several small boxes of decorations hastily trying to make it perfect (P).

Luckily I had a friend come and help finish it so it wouldn't be to late when I finished. I strung a line of white lit paper, (handmade, may I add) lanterns around the edge of the gazebo.

I set the small round table along the edge closest to the rippling lake.

Ordering my friend around one last time, I made her pick up some food I had requested be made ready to pick up by 6:30.

While my friend did that, I was finishing up details. Grabbing a CD player out of the car and putting in a CD. I lit a candle in the center of the table and called another one of my friends to pick up my girlfriend. Who still was calling repeatedly, worried by now I assume. Knowing my friend, they'd make up a lie that I had to be taken to the hospital and they would bring her here in anguish. was so beautiful. Her smile could lighten anyone's day. But she was alone. One day a nice villager asked her, "why don't you look for a nice prince?"

To this she replied "I haven't found anyone I love yet."

This princess didn't want a force marriage.

She wanted love no matter how long it took. She didn't care for money, or riches, or looks.

She cared about who the person underneath was.

A few days later she woke up and decided to find her prince, she wore clothes to blend into the townsfolk. She didn't want to marry royalty. But she knew her prince would be a villager.

So she walked.

And walked.

And she came across a food stand, with a slightly smaller beautiful woman tending to the customers.

"Oh my," the princess thought, looking at this girl, "she seems lovely, maybe we should talk."

And so they did.

Months flew, the princess thought she had found her prince, as on the same day she stumbled across a handsome young man.

But the man? He wasn't so nice. It wasn't love.

The girl had to help show the princess that he was using her for money and fame. Meanwhile this girl, she hid in the shadows, never asked the princess for anything other than friendship. She grew to love the princess.

"How could this be? "

The girl asked herself, knowing full well that the princess would never accept her feelings.

Once the man and the princess broke up, the princess was terribly depressed.

But the girl was there to help her smile.

Little did she know the princess had a crush on the girl all along.

But being a princess, you were supposed to marry a prince.

But this princess was different.

A month later she sat the girl down to talk. Smiles were spread across both their faces, and they gazed into each others eyes.

"So princess," the girl said. "Why did you call for me?"

The princess blushed as she played with her food.

"I think I've found my prince charming but I don't know if they like me"

"Well," the girl replied, blushing as well," of course they'll like you! You're beautiful and funny and smart!"

Both the girl and the princess' faces darkened.

As the princess looked away, she thought of a way to tell the girl.

"I want you to meet them" she smiled in the girls direction, grabbing her hand.

"Close your eyes!" The princess giggled and placed a mirror in front of the girl.

The girl was now jealous of whoever this princess had chosen and was ready to have her chance taken away forever. But she hadn't taken her hands off her eyes.

The Princess took the girls hands off of her eyes and smiled at the girls expression.

"A-are you messing with me?" The girl asked, slightly angry, thinking it might be a cruel joke.

"No." The princess replied, blushing and looking at the girl.

Finally after the girl relaxed the princess asked, "will you be my princess charming?"

Smiling the girl nodded and they kissed.

And so they ruled the kingdom together.